Mumford & Sons (Official Thread)

Oblivion

Reaction score
Re: Mumford & Sons

Lion Man has been played to death on the radio over here... It's the best song on the album if you ask me :)
I'm not that crazy about the other ones.. But maybe I should listen one more time!

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

This is another act that's on my to get list. I love it the more I hear it!!

The Banjolin Song

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

:bump:

As well as entering my top 50 on last.fm (currently 31st) Mumford & Sons have made no.1 on Triple J's hottest 100 with Little Lion Man!

They also registered their third single The Cave in at no.82, a very strong effort! :D

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score

I was just telling my other half about this band at the weekend, having heard them on the radio. Think this is going to be one of my next music purchases :)

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

My favourite has shifted a lot over time, I've warmed to every song on the album at one point. But after hundreds of listens, my current favourite is Dustbowl Dance. Thistle & Weeds held the no.1 spot for the majority of my listening, but as of recently I'm ranking it second.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

I think "Dustbowl Dance" would either be number two or three for me right now. Really though I enjoy the entire album, THOUGH I must say that I actually prefer the original version of "Winter Winds" known as "But My Heart Told My Head" as opposed to the rerecording that appeared on "Sigh No More"....not to say I don't like that version also, just not quite as much.

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

You know what, I do too! I always felt the saxophone was way overpowered in Winter Winds. In the original, the foot drum, banjo, accordion and the big vocal harmony near the end are much more audible, and much better sounding IMO.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Well I have to agree. That really is the only bone I would have to pick with this album though.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online