1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movie Picture Game

Discussion in 'Music / Word Games' started by Southern Comfort, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Lynch

Lynch I'm just here for the cookies!

Based on your first two hints, I know who the director is, but I couldn't possibly tell you what that movie is without looking it up (ie: cheating).

So, I looked it up. I can honestly say, I've never heard of it, but I don't know most of that director's work.

2. Darth Pazuzu

Darth Pazuzu Senior Member

I'd just like to say that I'm not particularly averse to people indulging in a little - how shall I say? - "research" if the going gets a little too tough. We don't really want to make these things too hard, do we? Go ahead and give the answer if you'd like... ;)

Or, if you don't like, here are some further hints for everybody else...

HINT:
    It's about three sisters. One of them is dying.

HINT: Instead of fading to black or whiting out when transitioning from scene to scene, the screen goes red. (Another movie that utilizes a "red-out" effect - albeit in a different way - is Alfred Hitchcock's Marnie, from 1964.)

HINT: The movie is kind of an "accidental doppelgänger" to The Exorcist (1973), coming out almost a year before (in spite of the fact that it can't really be called a horror movie).

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019