Motorheaducation

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
From time to time for years I hear over and over about all the wonderful contributions made to classic rock/heavy metal by Motorhead.Many have even touted them as one of their all time favorite bands.Before I go exploring on YouTube to satisfy my nearly over brimming curiosity,can you recommend any particular albums or concert footage here?Has Motorhead indeed been greatly overlooked and/or underrated by music historian types?

Porch Monkey

Reaction score
Interesting question. In my view, Motorhead are so highly regarded because they have always stuck to a simple formula: hard, driving rock n roll turned up to 11! No dilution, no compromise. I don't think they've ever been particularly high quality in technical prowess or song writing, but those things just don't matter with this band. Having said that, Lemmy has been quite insightful with his lyrics on occasion. But Motorhead have grown into my musical psyche over nearly 40 years of listening to them.

My favourite albums are Overkill, Ace of Spades and The World is Yours. Near the top also are Motorizer, 1916 and Bastards. The Golden Years live EP is also a favourite, but that might be cos rose tinted specs :)

P.S. You also know a Motorhead tune when you hear one right from the very opening bars - Lemmy's bass sound is just so instantly recognisable.

P.P.S. Just put a Motorhead playlist on. What?! I can't hear you!
Cheers! :cheers:

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliverevans

Members online