Most Underrated Rock Band (One Choice Only!)

Death on Credit

Reaction score
Solo artist: Townes Van Zandt...While he could have never been much of a commercial success, he should have the same name-recognition as Bob Dylan or Johnny Cash. The fact that even Rolling Stone completely ignored him on all of their "greatest ever" lists appalls me.

Band: Television...As far as technical and creative prowess goes, they stand far above almost any other punk band. I don't know why their name doesn't pop up more.

Lavender10

Cult of Personality
Reaction score
Solo artist: Townes Van Zandt...While he could have never been much of a commercial success, he should have the same name-recognition as Bob Dylan or Johnny Cash. The fact that even Rolling Stone completely ignored him on all of their "greatest ever" lists appalls me.

Band: Television...As far as technical and creative prowess goes, they stand far above almost any other punk band. I don't know why their name doesn't pop up more.

Ive Heard alot of stuff by Townes van Zandt, but nothing by television :O
sometimes there isnt any justice in music. Its consumerism and capitalism at a ground level, and sh*t stinks :|

Bocephus

Reaction score
Yeah STP is a good call for most underrated band of the last 20 years.

Bocephus

Reaction score
I'm gonna say Genesis on account of them not being in Rolling Stone magazines Top 100 artists of all time at the expense of bands like Nirvana, The Eagles and The Sex Pistols.

As for solo artists i would pick David Allan Coe. One of my favourite artists of the 70's, and if he died i doubt it would even make a small passage in a newspaper in the UK.

Last edited:

Cannons Ahoy

The Great Pretender
Reaction score
I'm gonna say Genesis on account of them not being in Rolling Stone magazines Top 100 artists of all time at the expense of bands like Nirvana, The Eagles and The Sex Pistols.

Well Rolling Stone is a pile of shit.

Lavender10

Cult of Personality
Reaction score
Well Rolling Stone is a pile of shit.
True Story :)
They'll cover whatever is popular. they did mostly pop in the 80s, and they've done more pop and country music covers this year than rock :|
more of a bidnis than a rock maazine nowadays.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online