Most Underrated Rock Band (One Choice Only!)

Dual

Reaction score
The Gun Club without a doubt, the best punk band ever to exist in my opinion.

I would say they are more unknown to be honest, it's insane how few people know about this superb band. The minority of people that do know of them know how great they truly are. There exists no bad album by the band, and they developed their sound over the years, in part due to the changing line-up of the band but every song and album they put out are brilliant to this day.

It's a shame Jeffrey Lee Pierce died in 1996, to think of the brilliant stuff he would have been doing nowadays.

rtbuck

Reaction score
That about sums up the ones that are a must have.. At your Birthday Party being the one I consider the weakest..:cheers2

I agree

For some reason even though I read not flattering reviews I really liked Skullduggery (I also have B-Day Party,the double live,The Second,Slow Flux & the S/T)

Wolf

Reaction score
Absolutely well said. Some fans call the Wolf a thinking man's biker band, Kay is a very intelligent guy and Jerry Edmonton on drums was very talented and underrated. I would love to see Goldy, Mike Monarch and John get together one more time but i'm not holding my breath. Ok I guess you can throw in Nick St.Nicholas too.:D

Steppenwolf sits right up there in my book with Led Zeppelin.. If you take the time to get into the group you'll find they are so unique.. Lyrically they blow my mind.. Nothing silly of cheesy about any song they have ever written.. I would give anything to be able to sing like John Kay.. What a voice..:bow:

Wolf

Reaction score
I think because of extensive touring they were low on material by the Birthday album and the other band members all wanted to write their own songs now because they saw the potential royalties. Rock Me was a great tune and It's Never Too Late is one of Kay's all time favorites. Jerry's drumming in the beginning of Skullduggery is fantastic and difficult to do with one bass drum.

I agree

For some reason even though I read not flattering reviews I really liked Skullduggery (I also have B-Day Party,the double live,The Second,Slow Flux & the S/T)

Last edited:

Fever

Reaction score
I am going to go with a local band that had some national play but should have been bigger-Nantucket.They still are out playing the occasional show

Pixel

The Woolly One
Reaction score
Tigertailz. I personally feel they are overshadowed by every other glam rock band out there.

Poets Of The Fall. These guys are absolutely brilliant, and yet hardly anyone has ever heard of them. And of those who have heard of them, most probably know them only for the songs they contributed to the video games Max Payne 2 and Alan Wake. They deserve far more credit than just that.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online