Most Seamless Album

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
What albums for you just flow perfectly from song to song so fluidly and seamlessly that it really stands out to you? I have albums where I like all the songs and they work as an album but this past year I've heard the newest album by an artist called Laura Marling and the album just feels so cohesive. I can tell the songs are changing but the songs just fit so perfectly together and there's a motif musically that holds everything together? What albums feel this way to you? :)

images

The first three songs for anyone interested in my example:

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
The sequence on the cassette version of Boston's first album seems perfect to me. I have got so used to this version the CD sounds wrong and I have to resequence it to the cassette order.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
The sequence on the cassette version of Boston's first album seems perfect to me. I have got so used to this version the CD sounds wrong and I have to resequence it to the cassette order.
:wtf: ?

I have both the cassette and the CD and the order is the same on both.

Johnny-Too-Good

Reaction score
pink floyd . dark side of the moon ,

I have to go with that. Some may say it's an obvious choice, but The Floyd always put a lot of work into making an album a whole piece of work. Often there were not pauses between tracks. DSOTM is a perfect example of their work in this respect.

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
Elton John has two, "Tumbleweed Connection" and "Captain Fantastic and The Brown Dirt Cowboy". "The Wall" by Pink Floyd is another one. The first two albums by The Band also fit here. "Band On The Run" by Paul McCartney and Wings is another. These are albums that I have to listen to the whole thing, beginning to end. I'm sure there are others, I'll get back to you.

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
Pink Floyd - The Wall
Pink Floyd - The Division Bell
Radiohead - Kid A
The Beatles - Abbey Road
Madonna - Confessions on a Dance Floor
Michael Jackson - Dangerous

taha

Reaction score