Most Important Band of The Seattle-Era?

Best Seattle band?

• Total voters

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nirvana, Soundgarden and Alice in Chains.

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
Since it is the most important and not who is your favorite I said Melvins, Soundgarden, Other (Green River), and Mudhoney.

With out the first three the sound would not be there. With out Mudhoney and their single Touch Me I'm Sick, which got them them touring with Sonic Youth and in the British press, Nirvana, Ailice in Chains, and Pearl Jam would not have exploded the way they did because no one would have thought to look in Seattle if not for their single and the press it created.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
I said Nirvana because I live in Seattle and I know whats up :D

joe

Reaction score
I live north of Seattle, just over the border and I did hear the rise of grunge first hand through the mighty KISW.:D

I would say Nirvana not because they are my fav band from the ones listed but because the band has had the biggest impact on many different levels. IMO probably the biggest impact Nirvana had/has is the "legend" of Kurt Cobain to many generations.

The "big four" had made different contributions to the music world. Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, and AIC are all "legends" in the rock music world IMO for different reasons.

I never considered The Melvins a "Seattle" band even though they are from there but they moved to California(LA I think).

Honourably mention to Green River who was one of the first "grunge" bands.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online