Most Embarrassing Thing Your Favorite Music Artists Have Done!

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
We all have music artists that we love nearly unconditionally but through a long career there are a lot of twist and turns the artist will take. If you follow them you will see a ton of different artistic decisions they will take! Artist not only create who they are musically but also in their image and every decision they make that is accessible to the public. Sometimes these are nearly indefensible and you just end up rubbing your forehead, shake your head and say "Why?" when the artist you respect do something so bizarre it leaves you babbling like an idiot when you would like to defend it out of loyalty to the artist! :lmao: I'll leave out the easy ones like Kanye West and everything he says or does in public :lmao: but my best example comes from my favorite example is from my second favorite artist, Tori Amos! I bought her Boys For Pele c.d. and it grew on me until I was enamored and had to buy everything I could obtain that she made! But it also had this photo:

:omg:

:ec:
pig.jpg

:wtf:

I saw this and made the mistake of letting my friend check out the booklet. This was in high school so I had even less verbal skills to defend it as "art"! I mean, seriously, it's a PIG SUCKING ON A ******! Still try to block that move out of my head. Everything else this eccentric queen of my music love affair has done has been perfect IMO but this is my WTF moment with her. To make matters worse my friend exposed the picture to my family so anythie I would use Tori as an example about what's right with music they would go "Isn't that the girl with a pig on her tit?" Really, what can someone say to that? :lmao:

What are your examples?

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Re: Most Embarassing Thing Your Favorite Music Artists Have Done!

Pretty funny Soot.. This is going to be a fun thread.. Tori is kinda really theatrical I guess..

I like Sabbath but this album cover kinda made me wonder about the choice of outfits..:wtf:
I just couldn't understand the theme..
51R8D9R6XXL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Pretty funny Soot.. This is going to be a fun thread.. Tori is kinda really theatrical I guess..

I like Sabbath but this album cover kinda made me wonder about the choice of outfits..:wtf:
I just couldn't understand the theme..
51R8D9R6XXL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Thanks Thumper! Yeah, that cover isn't exactly what I would picture for a Sabbath wardrobe! :lmao:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

After this no one can say I have a bias towards my favorite artist EVER! :lmao:

Billy Corgan WTF are you thinking?! :bonk:
It looks like you are taking image advice from Lady Gaga! :lmao:

SmashingPumpkinsTN002-thumb-480x723.jpg

billycorgan.jpg
billy-corgan-dress.jpg

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score

Queen had been on a roll. News Of The World, Jazz, Live Killers, and The Game were all good albums.

Then came::eek:

cover_143112272009.jpg

They lost me forever! Man, did that album blow!:puke:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Queen had been on a roll. News Of The World, Jazz, Live Killers, and The Game were all good albums.

Then came::eek:

cover_143112272009.jpg

They lost me forever! Man, did that album blow!:puke:

Did you at least appreciate Under Pressure?

Or Peter Gabriel

Was it embarrassing when Peter Gabriel did it?

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
Dammit Lynch I was just about to point at my avatar! :heheh:

Although you do have a point S&S, wearing women's clothing isn't out of the ordinary as far as progressive rock goes, therefore it isn't embarrasing for them :D

Although on the other hand, the same man's flower costume always cracks me up!

genesis_petergabriel_live.jpg

:lmao:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Dammit Lynch I was just about to point at my avatar! :heheh:

Although you do have a point S&S, wearing women's clothing isn't out of the ordinary as far as progressive rock goes, therefore it isn't embarrasing for them :D

Although on the other hand, the same man's flower costume always cracks me up!

genesis_petergabriel_live.jpg

:lmao:

:lmao: He looks like he's in a high school play! :lmao: For the record, in the Corgan pictures it's the headress King Tut looking shit that really gets to me! :lmao:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online

No members online now.