Review Morbid Angel - Illud Divinum Insanus (2011)

album review

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I will say I thought Heretic was a pretty poor album too but that one is still not as shit as this one, just youtube Radikult, Too Extreme and you see what I mean.
The major problem with this release is not that they tried something different but its what they actually did, dance friendly music, ridiculous fruity loop sample blast beats, its watered down to the max extremely poor industrial shit. This is the same band who innovated blast beats, they made 4 monstrous death metal albums, and they reduce their sound to this bullshit? Come on. Morbid I won't write the band off on the basis of this album, let this one be their St Anger.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I checked out the vids you posted. Radikult seems like a far stretch. A huge departure. :wtf:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I checked out the vids you posted. Radikult seems like a far stretch. A huge departure. :wtf:

A ridiculous departure, I never understood what the Rob Zombie, Marilyn Manson jokes were about until I heard it myself :oyea:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Yeah that's what it sounds like it could very well be.

If someone said check out this new Rob Zombie, I think I would have believed it.

:heheh:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Lol I'd gone back and listened to it again over the decade since it's release and this album is still ass. Actually managed to get worse on subsequent listens because I noticed how clicky those kick drums sounded and the mixing sucked on the semi-competent tracks. Thankful for Kingdoms Disdained as that was a return to epic form.

12 years later this album has not aged well. Still a complete disaster that led to significant line up changes. Even Trey distances himself from this album now. Lol

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online

No members online now.