Montrose and Gamma guitarist Ronnie Montrose passes away

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I never knew he was battling prostate cancer the last few years. It's almost ironic, I saw an audiophile vinyl edition of Montrose's debut last week and am going to order it soon, because it's a fantastic recording. Also enjoyed his work in Gamma, I have a compilation, the CD's are hard to find but I will keep looking.

Sigh, seems like an undeniable pattern here as legend after legend falls silent.:(

:rip: Ronnie, thanks for everything.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I'm now starting to wonder who out of all the rock legends from the 60's and 70's is going to be the last one alive!!! :omg:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^This is the same pattern that my Mom watched as all her movies stars from the 50's started dying off...it's inevitable and we will go through the same thing with our rock musicians.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Yes we will LG...to answer your question Slip? I'm betting it's gonna be Ringo

:grinthumb

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
^^This is the same pattern that my Mom watched as all her movies stars from the 50's started dying off...it's inevitable and we will go through the same thing with our rock musicians.

Yes.. LG... The sad part is learning or hearing the news of how they die.. Like you I never knew Ronnie had prostrate cancer till this morning.
I always hate to lose a legend to overdoses or suicides though.. Brad Delp was a killer for me.. He was quite the singer..:uh:

taha

Reaction score
this sucks, had no idea he was sick ! RIP Ronnie....

Fever

Reaction score
I was reading about Ronnie and didn't realize he had played on Van Morrison's Tupelo Honey

Montrose Reunion

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FernandoRu

Staff online

Members online