Monkees Singer Davy Jones Dead at Age 66

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
Very sad indeed. I've been lucky enough over the years to meet all the guys at various events, conventions, etc. While all of them were very nice, there seemed to be something special about Davy. He never said no to a fan who would ask for an autograph or a photo or even just a bit of a chat. Even at the height of their popularity there were countless stories of Davy going to hospitals and, in some cases, homes to visit sick fans. He was always a gentleman, generous with his time. Pop fans never had a better friend.

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
I literally only just saw this 5 minutes ago, and I'm pretty upset actually - The Monkees were a big part of life for my whole family back in the mid 60's, even though I was only a small child at the time I knew all the songs, they were as much a household name as The Beatles, and I am serious about that. My parents had the Monkees greatest hits cassette tape when I was a kid and I used to listen to it ALL THE TIME. I hope my namesake fave radio station, 100.3 TheSound in LA is playing Monkees all the rest of the day, I'm switching it on right now. God Bless the family of Davy Jones. He gave so much enjoyment to all our lives.

"Cheer up sleepy Jean
Oh what can it mean to a
Daydream believer and a homecoming queen"

RIP Davy

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I saw this on Facebook and the first ones I thought of were Metal who was our resident fan and Bob Dobolina (who I finally made the connection with his name recently :heheh:). It sucks when a favorite artist dies even when they aren't active anymore. I was a moderate fan and respected them. I never went through the phase of thinking they were a fake band and actually watched the reruns of the show as a youth. I actually hated when Smash Mouth covered their song and thought it was the lamest cover ever or among then at least. Anyway, RIP Davy Jones! :cheers2

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
He looked great for his age.

RIP Davy you will live forever in those great Monkees reruns you left us.

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
Very sad news indeed. I must say I was caught off-guard when I heard it on the radio - I didn't think his time was coming at all.

I might have to play a few Monkees tunes when I get home tonight.

RIP Davy.

lady_barrett2112

I ♥ the Ox
Reaction score
I'm at a loss for words. A MAJOR loss for words....Popped in as I knew there would be a thread. Just found out! Terrible Terrible news!

:wa :wa :wa

I feel the exact same way MP. I'm still in a state of shock and disbelief. I remember watching The Monkees back when the show aired on MTV in the mid 80s. This is a big loss.

RIP Davy. :uh:

overkill86

Reaction score
I grew up listening to the Monkees because my mom was a huge fan of them. She had a bunch of VHS tapes of their TV show (which she still has). She took my cousin to one of their 30th reunion concerts in 96'. I was only 10 at the time, so I didn't go plus I wasn't into them yet. I eventually became a casual fan of their music.

Anyway, "Daydream Believer" still remains one of my favorite songs from the 60's. Never gets old, and that video is priceless as well. I listened to it about 6 times in a row after I heard the news of his passing earlier today.

Even though I wasn't even close to growing up in the 60's I still feel like a piece of my childhood has been taken away. R.I.P Davy Jones, gone too soon. I didn't expect this at all. So sudden.

:uh:

KISSFREAK

Reaction score
I am a huge Monkees fan and I never got to see them live but I loved the band, their car and their show, their show made me laugh.

I grew up in the 60's and 70's and what a great time to grow up, the best times of my life too.

The music world has lost a huge fan favorite.

R.I.P Davy Jones

You know they say famous people pass in threes. Etta, then Whitney and now Davy.

Now the question is what famous 3 are next ???

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online