Moist

F

FoxyPage

Was sitting here and one of my high school boyfriends, David Usher, popped into my head so I had to make a thread on his band, Moist.

Moist_1999.jpg

Years active
1992–2000

Members
David Usher
Mark Makoway
Jeff Pearce
Kevin Young
Paul Wilcox

Albums
Moist - 1993
Silver - 1994
Creature - 1996
Mercedes 5 and Dime - 1999 in Canada, 2000 in USA
Machine Punch Through: The Singles Collection (Best Of) - 2001​

Moist are a Canadian rock band from Vancouver, British Columbia. The members were going to school and two of them, Mark Makoway and Jeff Pearce, were already playing in Moist with a different line up but the band were already breaking up at this point so Mark, Jeff, Kevin Young and David Usher got together and started writing music to keep the band going while the other members of the original line up left. They were introduced to drummer, Paul Wilcox, and the Moist line up was complete.

They released Moist in 1993, which garnered the attention of record label, EMI, who signed Moist and released their second album, Silver.

After their 1996 release of their third album, Creature, to positive reviews, the band went on a small hiatus as David Usher was working on his solo career. They reunited in 1999 to record their final album, Mercedes 5 and Dime, before officially breaking up in 2000. David Usher then continued on with his fairly successful solo career, Jeff Pearce continued on in another band, and Mark Makoway published The Indie Band Bible, a guide to the music industry.

Still waiting for you to call me, David. It's been over 10 years now.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
The name David Usher rang a bell upon seeing your post and it's because I bought this c.d. randomly at a really cheap price in the used bin:

David Usher-Morning Orbit
David+Usher+-+Morning+Orbit+-+Front.jpg

I had no idea he was connected to anything else but from what I remember of the c.d. it's definitely a departure from the band, Moist! :grinthumb

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
wow forgot about Moist. I have silver somwhere.I remember playing them at work and the girl who worksed with me asked who they were cause she liked them. When I said "Moist" she said ewe and asked me to never speak of them again. :tongue:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FernandoRu

Members online