Mistweaver: Melodic Death Metal

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
This is a band I came across completely by accident. I was looking for some pretty cool bands to listen to and the name Mistweaver popped up. So naturally I gave them a listen, and I really liked it. I'll be honest in saying that I was a bit surprised that they would consider themselves Melodic Death Metal, but hey...to each their own. They're metal, and they're good, so feel free to take a listen, or not, doesn't really matter.

9241_logo.jpg

Current Line-up:
Eduardo Navazo - Keyboards
David De Pedro Mediavilla - Bass
Eduardo Alonso Santos - Guitar
Raúl Puente Tobalina - Guitar, Vocals
Simón - Drums

3290291008_357d65c206_o.jpg

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Listening to the first track now. Pretty cool, just out of curiously why do you find it surprising ? This is the type of thing that will always be put under the Melodic Death banner. It may vary a bit one way or the other but this is definitely the stuff that gets classified under the sub genre. Maybe a bit more melodic then some however. :D

EDIT : OK nevermind I see why now it's almost a cross of Folk and melodic death

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Listening to the first track now. Pretty cool, just out of curiously why do you find it surprising ? This is the type of thing that will always be put under the Melodic Death banner. It may vary a bit one way or the other but this is definitely the stuff that gets classified under the sub genre. Maybe a bit more melodic then some however. :D

It was just surprising to see at first glance is all. I always just find it interesting to see a band under a certain genre that I wouldn't have thought of at first listen. I don't disagree with it in any form, I do think now that they definitely fall under the Death Metal category.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
It was just surprising to see at first glance is all. I always just find it interesting to see a band under a certain genre that I wouldn't have thought of at first listen. I don't disagree with it in any form, I do think now that they definitely fall under the Death Metal category.

lol I started to see your point actually .I think it is sometimes very melodic death but at other times it is really more of a folk metal.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
lol I started to see your point actually .I think it is sometimes very melodic death but other at times it is really more of a folk metal.

Yeah, it just doesn't seem to be that heavy death metal sound that you generally hear with death metal bands. I personally really enjoy the vocalist though, he's got deep vocals that fit the band pretty well.

Harkat

Reaction score
The style reminds me of Suidakra. The alternation between folk metal and death metal is good.
Seems to have a bit of a prog feel to it.
The keyboards really give the band the kick, IMO.

[EDIT] The style on Dreams Domain, sorry [/EDIT]

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Finally getting around to visiting this thread. I had to google the band to see where they were from and some basic info on them........They are from Spain for those of you that don't know this band. Spain isn't the most popular location to find death metal, but I like what I have heard in the videos posted.

I like the dualing guitars and the mysterious keys in the songs. Heck I don't even mind the growling vocals since they aren't that extreme.

I will visit again once I have had time to explore the albums...one by one :D

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Glad to hear that you like it Magic. :grinthumb

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I am starting out with The Aftermath......which is their second album. Then I will jump to Tales From the Grave (which has some good reviews).

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Tales From The Grave is my favorite out of the rest of their work. Voices From The Grave is a fantastic song as well, especially near the end of it. You'll see when you hear it.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online