hawk11

Reaction score
Michael+Schenker+actionMichael.jpg

vs

220pxyngwiemalmsteen1.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I'm not one for bashing Yngwie he's good at what he does but have to take Schenker, loved his playing the first time I heard him in UFO.

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
Well, I'm certainly not above bashing Yngwie.

He opened for Maiden in Philly on their Powerslave tour, and I'm here to tell you folks, the guy was all smoke and mirrors.

I was maybe 20-25 feet from stage left, maybe 5ft. or so above eye level with the stage, and every single time he went to do anything with his guitar, he went to his pedal board. The thing looked like an F-16 cockpit.

People went nuts when he would do something 'incredible'. Trust me when I tell you...he wasn't doing much.

Obviously, the guy has talent of some sort, or he wouldn't have hung around so long.

But I swear... that board might as well have had a ****** on it, as much as he depended on it to be a guitar god. At least that night, anyway.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Guess I'll be the first to buck the trend here. Michael is a good guitarist, no doubt, but to me, he doesn't come close to Yngwie's talent level, either from a song-writing perspective or from a musician perspective.

Although I will say that i can understand why people would prefer Michael over Yngwie as many people seem to see nothing but flash and little substance out of Yngwie. I don't agree, but I can understand why people who aren't fans might be turned off by his styles.

Long story longer... Yngwie gets my vote.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
every single time he went to do anything with his guitar, he went to his pedal board. The thing looked like an F-16 cockpit.

But I swear... that board might as well have had a ****** on it, as much as he depended on it to be a guitar god. At least that night, anyway.

Just about any/every single rock guitarist has a pedalboard that looks like you'd need an engineering degree to run it, and it's been that way for at least 30 years. Some guys are just a bit better at hiding it or at least not being so obvious that they are switching things on a regular basis.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online