Michael Nesmith's Elephant Parts

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
B0000844IZ.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

In 1981, Michael Nesmith from The Monkees made a home video, the first of it's kind, through his own company "Pacific Arts". To finance he used the money that was inherited from his mother who invented the ever famous "Liguid Paper". This one hour home video featured songs and comedy sketches and Mike even takes a stab at his own music. What he does not mention is his former band the Monkees or any of it's other three members.

Elephant Parts was the first "Home Video" to win the Grammy! He later followed this project with "Pop Clips" for the Nickelodeon channel that was to become an all music video format. Mike had said no to this offer and Warner Cable began work on.......MTV! (Or would that be "Mike TV")

michael-nesmith-newer-stuff.jpg

mtv-logo.gif

Yes....MTV! So when someone asks who invented MTV...all credit can be given to Papa Nez and the Grammy Award Winning Elephant Parts!!

Gasoline Prices

Cruisin'

Elvis Drugs

Neighborhood Nuclear Superiority

8j8sz3r0f2wvj8s2.jpg

B1IqLY5u3eS._SL600_.jpg

frank-zappa-mothers-mike-nesmith-monkees-interview-vintage-classic-rock-music-retro-musician-vinyl-psychedelic-pop-art-1.jpg

michael-nesmith.jpg

lady_barrett2112

I ♥ the Ox
Reaction score
Wow! I thought I was the only one that knew about the epic video that is Elephant Parts! My dad has a copy of this on DVD and if I'm not mistaken, he recorded it on video a long time ago.

Cruisin is a song that has been a part of the soundtrack to my childhood. Mike Nesmith was one prolific and talented guy.

:grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Yeah it's good stuff! Nice also on this end to see someone that knows and appreciates this fun DVD/Show.

Magic (with some additonal classic footage)

Bitty Soda

:heheh:

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
Love Mike..always have...Intelligent,humor and talented musician and writer..My favorite Monkee , one my favorite celebs..

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online