Michael Jackson - This Is It

Have you seen Michael Jackson's This Is It?

• Saw it and it was ok

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Who is this "Michael Jackson" character?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
thisisitg.jpg

From Wikipedia said:
Michael Jackson's This Is It (commonly known as This Is It) is a 2009 American documentaryconcert film directed by Kenny Ortega that documents Michael Jackson's rehearsals and preparation for the concert series of the same name scheduled to start on July 13, 2009, but canceled due to his death eighteen days prior on June 25. The film is now the highest grossing concert movie and documentary in the history of cinema

The film consists of Jackson rehearsing musical numbers and directing his team, and additional behind the scenes footage including dancer auditions and costume design. The film's director Kenny Ortega confirmed that none of this footage was originally intended for release, but after Jackson's death it was agreed that the film be made for his fans. Ortega dedicated the film to Jackson's three children. The footage was filmed at both the Staples Center arena and The Forum in Los Angeles, California.

Just came out on DVD this week (Today in fact).

I was curious if anyone has seen it, and if so, is it any good? I have it coming in the mail tomorrow via my Netflix account that I love so much (shameless plug). I probably won't get a chance to watch it for a couple of days, but definitely plan on sitting down and checking this out this week.

By all means, I'd love to hear any and all comments about this movie, good or bad. HOWEVER, please do NOT F**K up this thread with comments about the scandals, allegations and/or other parts of Michael's presumed excentric or other behaviors. Lets keep this about the man and his music, or at the very least, about this movie specifically.

Thank you

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
Re: Michael Jackon - This Is It

I voted "Haven't seen it and might rent someday, but no hurry"

Michael Jackson is head and shoulders over most pop outfits of his era (and, indeed of later eras) and to see the King of Pop rehearsing would be interesting. That said, there's other things I'd prioritize above MJ so no rush.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Haven't seen it and might rent someday, but no hurry

Lynch

Reaction score

Personally, I didn't care much for the Jackson 5 stuff. But his solo work from about '79 to '91 (Off the Wall, Thriller, Bad and Dangerous) are all very very good pop albums. He also was a hell of an entertainer. I'm definitely interested in this (which of course is why i rented it right away).

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

So how is it Lynch?? What are your thoughts on it overall

Lynch

Reaction score

haven't seen it yet.. it comes out on DVD today (thus it'll be in my mailbox from Netflix by about 11am this morning)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Aaaaah! OK! Well make sure to fill us in :cheers:

rtbuck

Reaction score

When I hear the name Michael Jackson I just float back to a club I used to go to called the Raquet Room.I got some crazy looks the first time I walked in the place wearing cowboy boots,a ZZ Top Tshirt, & a Leather Jacket but that was the pre-hangout with friends from work before we'd go see Local Bands. Anyway, when I think of Jackson I think of being in that club with my Members Only Jacket w/ the sleeves rolled up & songs like "Rock With You","PYT","Don't stop Til You Get Enough","Thriller","Beat It", & "Billie Jean" blared through the club as girls filled up the Dance Floor. I grew to like these songs partly due to visions of all the girls on the Dance Floor in my head & not the videos of MJ dancing, moonwalking, & grabbing his crotch.
I don't have any desire to see this movie but I'll always still have his music(well...the 10 or 15 songs I like between his solo & Jackson 5 career). For the record my favorite tune is his duet with Mick Jagger on "State of Shock" by the Jacksons on their 'Victory Album'. That song has a cool riff running through it

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online