Metallica - Ride The Lightning (1984)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Ride The Lightning -Metallica

^^Do you like the sound of your CD more than the old tape you had?

Just curious we are having a chat about the different versions of Ride...there are about 4 CD versions out there now, I have two and am tracking down the other two.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

Yeah, but I have much better stereo equipment now then I did as a kid ( walkman lol ) so that has a lot to do with it I am sure.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I still have my Walkman, it's in a drawer haven't used it for ages...:D

Nothing wrong with our old gear, but definitely less convenient than what has come along the last decade.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

I still use a Diskman .Everyone looks at me crazy in the gym when I pull it out of my pocket and change disks but I don't care.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

I still use a Diskman .Everyone looks at me crazy in the gym when I pull it out of my pocket and change disks but I don't care.

Has its advantages, should you have bought a new cd prior, you can listen to it straightaway.

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score

Their best album IMO with And Justice For All closely behind it for me.
I gotta agree the production on it really is meh, but the actual music that was written and lyrics IMO are great.
for me I would say 10/10 even with the thin production sound.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^High praise indeed Mud, don't think I've ever seen you rate any album a perfect 10/10 before.:grinthumb

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score

Tracks

1. Fight Fire with Fire

Repetitive? maybe. But nothing like this song had ever been done before. In 19*frikkin*84! Speed and thrash in your face is what they were going for and they accomplished it.

2. Ride the Lightning

I love the speedy-thrash parts in the chorus and the middle section.

3. For Whom the Bell Tolls

Great mid-tempo fist-pumping anthem. Cliff rules!! Some great drum work by Lars as well.

4. Fade to Black

Their first of many "last song on side 1 build up from ballad to climax" type songs.

5. Trapped Under Ice

Love it! Thrash fest, and why not. That is who they are (were).

6. Escape

my least fave song on this album, actually my least fave Metallica song of the 80's. Still cool but just going through the motions.....

7. Creeping Death

Great song, love the lyrics. I also love how they speed it up when they play it live. Legendary.

8. The Call of Ktulu

My least favorite Metallica instrumental but I love it nonetheless. I didnt really appreciate it until a couple years after it's release. Thier tribute to their 70's epic prog band influences.

edit: sorry, I just realized we're not supposed to review it, only comment on your review. oh well, I just joined yesterday and this was my first time commenting on this. I'll leave it just 'cuz I worked hard on it. Ok, live and learn. Rock on.....

Last edited:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

If any of the 80s stuff has repetitiveness at least it was done very tastefully.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online

No members online now.