Metallica (Official Thread)

Malikarcanum

A Child in Time
Reaction score
James said that right now it's written just for the tour. They aren't sure if it'll be on the album or not.

As for the song it's pretty solid. It does suffer what many of their songs since St. Anger suffer from. Needs to be trimmed up a minute or too. But that's just nitpicking.

I agree, it's a bit overlong. Though, by the same token, it doesn't suffer the issue that DM had where everything sounded shoved together, & didn't fit. It sounds like a song, so that helps it to not seem too too bloated for me. Doesn't grate my nerves like some, such as Broken Beat & Scarred did with it's completely out of place middle section.

Pappy

Reaction score
I agree, it's a bit overlong. Though, by the same token, it doesn't suffer the issue that DM had where everything sounded shoved together, & didn't fit. It sounds like a song, so that helps it to not seem too too bloated for me. Doesn't grate my nerves like some, such as Broken Beat & Scarred did with it's completely out of place middle section.

Especially the Beyond Magnetic tracks. Well at least Just a Bullet Away, and Rebels of Babylon.

Malikarcanum

A Child in Time
Reaction score
It's in E. I could die a happy man right now.

Plus, James' vocal layering is back. He didn't do any on DM, which is part of why his voice sounded a bit thin.

Last edited:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The song is ok but not that great. Far too ****ing long. I like some of the riffs and Lars drum sound is less tinny and compressed but otherwise its a very boring song.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
This looks & sounds like an "official" recording of the Bogota debut of the new song.
If nothing else, the best version of it so far.

Metallica-Lords Of Summer

I like how the camera vibrates.

Pappy

Reaction score
What a setlist they had in Lima.

1. Battery
2. Master of Puppets
3. Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
4. Disposable Heroes
5. The Unforgiven
6. Lords of Summer
7. ...And Justice for All
8. The Four Horsemen
9. Whiplash
10. Orion
11. One
12. Ride the Lightning
13. Fight Fire with Fire
14. Fade to Black
15. Enter Sandman
Encore
16. Creeping Death
17. Hit the Lights (Vote of the Day Song)
18. Seek & Destroy

Malikarcanum

A Child in Time
Reaction score
Ronnie Rising medley:

James sounds amazing, it's the best production they've had in 16 years, you can hear Rob, this is just killer.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online