Metallica (Official Thread)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Some of the songs on And Justice were like Death Magnetic, way too frickin long, And Justice the song itself should have ended 3 minutes sooner then it did. Even Metallica said themselves they think some of AJFA songs were a bit too long.

sco703

Reaction score
Some of the songs on And Justice were like Death Magnetic, way too frickin long, And Justice the song itself should have ended 3 minutes sooner then it did. Even Metallica said themselves they think some of AJFA songs were a bit too long.

I haven't listened to the entire album all the way through in a LONG time, but I can see that from at least hearing the self titled song not too long ago. Still though, a lot of progressive music is repetitive. I don't think it was terribly detrimental to the song, but I'll have to give it and the rest of the album a listen.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
There were some tunes on the first three that were lengthy but they were reasonably lengthy.

You can't top songs like Motorbreath which tops out a little over 3 minutes.

QUALITY!! :grinthumb

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The thing with the long songs on the first 3 is they at least progressed, they didn't repeat themselves. I like long songs that don't repeat themselves a lot.

sco703

Reaction score
The thing with the long songs on the first 3 is they at least progressed, they didn't repeat themselves. I like long songs that don't repeat themselves a lot.

I'm the same way. That's why I love Between the Buried and Me. They write long songs, but their songs are constantly going to different places. Have you ever heard of them? I'm seeing them tomorrow night. Super psyched! Will be my second time seeing them.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

I agree there man....memorable as well. More hooks put into place to keep listeners interested. :grinthumb

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Really love this melody.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Can't wait to see them next year with Sabbath on the same weekend, will be awesome, don't think I will be buying the album with Lou Reed as what I saw on tv was pretty bad IMO :)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

You know long songs don't bother me at all...of course some movement's in symphonies I love are over 20 minutes long so patience is something I have in abundance. That's not to say a band can't overindulge themselves, most live albums stretch out the songs quite a lot over the studio cuts.

And Justice For All being a concept album was constructed like a "suite" in classical music form and I think Metallica pulled it off quite well.

I'm with Sweaty as far as the new collaboration with Lou Reed goes, not interested at all...and I know how Riff feels about that one.:heheh:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online