Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Long as they're having fun go for it.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
They were in Sweden, home of Abba. I don't think that they were attempting to be silly, but rather paying homage to the biggest and most popular pop group to ever come out of Sweden.

Same with the Final Countdown thing, Europe was a band that was huge in Sweden and the rest of the continent back in the 80's. They were kind of a flash in the pan in the U.S. but they were big in the homeland.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
They were in Sweden, home of Abba. I don't think that they were attempting to be silly, but rather paying homage to the biggest and most popular pop group to ever come out of Sweden.

Same with the Final Countdown thing, Europe was a band that was huge in Sweden and the rest of the continent back in the 80's. They were kind of a flash in the pan in the U.S. but they were big in the homeland.

And A-Ha was from Norway, so that fits with what you're saying.

Lynch

Reaction score
I thought that I had seen every Metallica documentary out there, but I guess not. This one is new to me:

Metallica - The True Story

I'm about halfway through it right now. Nothing really new, other than maybe some footage that I don't recognize, but I still enjoy the story.

Lynch

Reaction score
Wish I was at the show tonight. Luckily I was last able to see the band at US Bank Stadium for the first ever rock concert in the brand new building back in Aug 2016 (same stadium that hosted the Super Bowl earlier this yr betwen the Pats and the Eagles). That was a GREAT show from start to finish. Apparently they were so loud (100% indoor/enclosed stadium) they said that you could hear the music well over a mile away (maybe it was more than that).

Anyway, the current stage setup, in the middle of the arena as they've been known to do quite a bit over the past few years. I love this because they aren't a flashy band, they just get up on stage, kick ass and take names. The whole center stage setup allows for a lot more tickets to be sold, which is good for the fans on popular tours.

upload_2018-9-4_19-30-10.png

Lynch

Reaction score

doswizard

"If you are going through hell, keep going"
Reaction score
Wish I was at the show tonight. Luckily I was last able to see the band at US Bank Stadium for the first ever rock concert in the brand new building back in Aug 2016 (same stadium that hosted the Super Bowl earlier this yr betwen the Pats and the Eagles). That was a GREAT show from start to finish. Apparently they were so loud (100% indoor/enclosed stadium) they said that you could hear the music well over a mile away (maybe it was more than that).

Anyway, the current stage setup, in the middle of the arena as they've been known to do quite a bit over the past few years. I love this because they aren't a flashy band, they just get up on stage, kick ass and take names. The whole center stage setup allows for a lot more tickets to be sold, which is good for the fans on popular tours.

View attachment 29661

Looks like it's going to be the most Kick Ass Metallica tour yet!

Be nice. :flirt

Lynch

Reaction score
Oh, I'd love to be there, but when the tickets were first announced, they only showed the big package sets which cost anywhere from $500 to over $2000 ... EACH.

That was a turn off, as much as I'd love to do the full-on Metallica experience, that price is out of my wheelhouse.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online