Metallica (Official Thread)

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
Today I listened to a vinyl rip of an original release of "Kill Em All" and of all of the various forms of that album I've heard in the last 30 years it was easily the best version I've heard. I just might never listen to a cd version of Kill Em All ever again after hearing that. It was perfect. Vinyl rules.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Metallica Schedule Comic-Con Appearance

Metallica.jpg

SOURCE LINK

Metallica‘s newfound movie-star status is keeping the band busy promoting its upcoming concert film, but not too busy to take the stage to do what they do best.

On July 19, the group will appear at the 2013 San Diego Comic-Con, sitting for a Q&A session alongside ****** Antal, the director of ‘Metallica: Through the Never.’ Also appearing will be Dane DeHaan, the actor who stars in the narrative portions of the movie, as well as one of the project’s producers, Charlotte Huggins.

The band also stated in its announcement of its appearance that “We can’t just talk about the film when we are in San Diego … we want to play too!” So, following the Q&A session, which is scheduled for 6 p.m. at Hall H in the city’s convention center, Metallica will be “heading out to a super-secret spot to have some fun and hit the stage.”

‘Metallica: Through the Never,’ due in IMAX theaters on Sept. 27, stars DeHaan as a roadie whose assignment to schlep some gear for the big Metallica show takes an unexpected turn (you can check out the trailer here). Blending concert footage with a fictional storyline, it offers what drummer Lars Ulrich referred to as “two separate worlds” for filmgoers.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Metallica's best album Ride The Lightning turns 29 today. What a beast of an album. Nothing can be faulted about it. Can tell there was a heavy NWOBHM influence on this album and their core progression was evident.

metallica_ride_the_lightning_lim.jpg

Creeping Death

Trapped Under Ice

Fade to Black

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
^^^^^ :bow: :bow: :bow:

Metallica Announce ‘Through the Never’ Soundtrack Details

Source Link

Through-the-Never.jpg

Three days before ‘Metallica Through the Never’ hits more than 300 IMAX theaters, the band will release the movie’s soundtrack album. The record will be available on Sept. 24 and feature many of the band’s biggest hits performed live.

The two-disc, 16-track soundtrack was recorded in August 2012 at shows in Edmonton and Vancouver. Video from these live performances is featured prominently in the feature film, which stars Dane DeHann as a young roadie who sets out to collect something for the band but ends up getting caught in a police riot.

After debuting in 3D at IMAX theaters in September, the movie will open in additional, and more traditional, theaters on Oct. 4.

Fans can pre-order the two-CD set (which will also be available in digital) at Metallica’s website. There will also be a vinyl release available at some point. Earlier this month, Metallica released a two-minute trailer for the movie.

‘Metallica Through the Never (Music From the Motion Picture)’ Track List
‘The Ecstasy of Gold’
‘Creeping Death’
‘For Whom the Bell Tolls’
‘Fuel’
‘Ride the Lightning’
‘One’
‘The Memory Remains’
‘Wherever I May Roam’
‘Cyanide’
‘… And Justice for All’

‘Master of Puppets’
‘Battery’
‘Nothing Else Matters’
‘Enter Sandman’
‘Hit the Lights’
‘Orion’

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
‘Metallica Through the Never (Music From the Motion Picture)’ Track List
‘The Ecstasy of Gold’
‘Creeping Death’
‘For Whom the Bell Tolls’
‘Fuel’
‘Ride the Lightning’
‘One’
‘The Memory Remains’
‘Wherever I May Roam’
‘Cyanide’
‘… And Justice for All’
‘Master of Puppets’
‘Battery’
‘Nothing Else Matters’
‘Enter Sandman’
‘Hit the Lights’
‘Orion’​

I really hope that they do ALL of "... And Justice For All" (the song) and not that "Justice Medley" thing that they've been doing for the past 20 years.​

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Need to play Frayed Ends fully.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
25 years ago today, one of the best metal albums of all time was released...

Happy 25th to Metallica's ... And Justice For All album :bow:

:oy:

tumblr_ms3yyykmLb1rcw4vao1_500.jpg

tumblr_ms3horXzMb1rv4cy2o2_500.jpg

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online