• American

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • European

Votes: 20 71.4%

• Total voters

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
European hard rock and metal bands are what rekindled my interest in music a few years ago, of course I like some American metal bands as well Iced Earth being top of the list.

Kickstart

Reaction score
i really think metal isn't the best genre for a battle of the continents, because europe just crushes america imo
not trying to say america doesn't have amazing metal bands(really got into megadeth and motley recently) or anything like that but cmon, sabbath, maiden, priest, (to me) the big 3 important metal bands are all european

b.o.b.

Reaction score
European, generally speaking, but there are some great American metal bands i like and respect.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
i really think metal isn't the best genre for a battle of the continents, because europe just crushes america imo
not trying to say america doesn't have amazing metal bands(really got into megadeth and motley recently) or anything like that but cmon, sabbath, maiden, priest, (to me) the big 3 important metal bands are all european

Yeah it was pretty much destined to be mostly one sided. lol

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Euro but just for shear numbers ...american bands like Iced Earth, Nevermore, Dio, Manilla Road, Lair of the Minotaur,
High on Fire, Lord Weird Slough Fey, Gates of Slumber, and a lot of other US thrash, death, doom
and classic metal bands are among the cream of the crop though.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
^^^ I was going to suggest in my answer, which was Europe..."or American bands that think European..."

Ragged Glory

Banned
Reaction score
I just feel American metal is too......commercial and poppy.
Some is intentionally Poppy, while a lot of the true Metal artists either here or there are obviously not Poppy at all. Nu-Metal comes to mind as I feel that most Nu-Metal intentionally or unintentionally fits the bill. That ain't true Metal or Hard Rock.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElviraPeth

Staff online

Members online