METALPRIEST

Reaction score

207298_logo.jpg
Men+At+Work+menatwork2.jpg

Colin Hay Official Website

1981 Business as Usual
1983 Cargo
1985 Two Hearts

Men at Work are an Australian rock band that are famous for being the boys from the land "Down Under" along with their cahrt topping hit song, Who Can It Be Now!

Fronted by Colin Hay the band were unique in that they used brass and woodwind instruments. They won the grammy for best new band in 1983. They're second album Cargo also went to number one and the band took a break in 1984 due to all the excessive touring. During the break the band saw members departing to pursue other projects.

In 1996 MAW reunited with Greg Ham (flautist) and Colin Hay fronting the new band. Today Colin can be seen and heard as a solo artist and as a member of Ringo Starr and His All Starr Band as well as appearances with Ringo Starr & The Roundheads.

MenatWork.jpg

Men-at-Work-pose-with-the-002.jpg

article-1248394-0826467A000005DC-138_468x316.jpg

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
Re: Men At Work

I like a little bit of MAW, Overkill is my favourite that Feldy just posted, and I also really enjoy "Down By The Sea":

:grinthumb

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
Re: Men At Work

I like Men At Work, dont love em but I love some of their hits.

muzik_guy

Certified Music Geek
Reaction score
I highly recommend MAW fans check out Colin Hay's solo material. Hooks galore, expert songwriting & his voice hasn't lost it's charm. The last five albums are especially good.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I highly recommend MAW fans check out Colin Hay's solo material. Hooks galore, expert songwriting & his voice hasn't lost it's charm. The last five albums are especially good.

Good advice!! I added a link in the OP muzik guy to Colin's website!!

It's real good stuff!! :grinthumb

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score

I put up a thread somewhere on the forum for Colin's solo material. He's a great songwriter too :grinthumb

It's "Colin Hay official thread" on the Country Music thingy.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I put up a thread somewhere on the forum for Colin's solo material. He's a great songwriter too :grinthumb

It's "Colin Hay official thread" on the Country Music thingy.

Thanks Sunny!! I'll add it there as well!!! :grinthumb

Let's bump it up as well since he was a topic here. :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online