Megadeth VS Metallica

• Megadeth

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Metallica

Votes: 17 60.7%

• Total voters

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Between the two, Metallica has more of my favorite songs but I like Megadeth as a band more.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Another Megadeth v Metallica. lol

Megadeth for me because they have far more consistently solid albums. Love Metallica too but I would take Risk over St Anger or Lulu by far.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I also think Megadeth is more consistant...and I believe there were times I would have voted for them on that basis alone...but these days...on the strength of the first 4 albums and Death Magnetic...I got to give it to Metallica. Yeah they made a coulpe blunders...but they are war horses that keep on clinging for that top spot.

Really looking forward to the new movie too.

But I do like both bands very much so. :grinthumb

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
To be fair though Megadeth match Metallica first four albums with Peace Sells and Rust In Peace. That isn't talking from a sales or popularity view this is a musical point of view.

Metallica though while a real titan of metal are an interesting band. Gone through numerous sounds in their career from the thrashy side in the 80s, the more commercial blues rock approach in the 1990s and the ridiculous nu metal experiment of St Anger. Its said from me that I respect a band wanting to do different things like they did and I do like Load and Reload more than I did initially. Thing that makes Megadeth edge them out for me though is more a preference thing but they have made more memorable albums with a bit more in the way of memorable songs too. To many Risk was their only real bad patch and they certainly never dabbled with such a disgrace of a collaboration album like Lulu. Many people seem to be negative on Super Collider but in all honesty thats not even a bad album, I find it enjoyable. As for Metallica as said I enjoy Death Magnetic the remastered version I found because the CD version is garbage.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Good points...yeah the first few Megadeth's are right up there like Metallica's monster first efforts too. Everytime these discussions come up they make me want to pull out the Loads again....:heheh:

I do pull out St. Anger about once a year....:uh:

I can appreciate what they were trying to do with Lou Reed but I don't think I will ever purchase LuLu.....:uh:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Easily METALLICA for me.......never got into MEGADETH, maybe one day

Philip Parris Lynott

Reaction score
Another Megadeth v Metallica. lol

Megadeth for me because they have far more consistently solid albums. Love Metallica too but I would take Risk over St Anger or Lulu by far.

ohh didnt know there was another one lol i probably should of searched for it lol

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FernandoRu

Staff online