Megadeth - TH1RT3EN (2011)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nice job, Riff Raff! Another excellent Megadeth writeup! :clap:

I've only gotten around to listening to this CD once or twice since I bought it but I do like it so far. I will be getting it out again soon. I'm going through all the Megadeth CD's since I decided to go see them again next month. :D

Nice, glad you like my write up too. :)
This band doesn't have to do fast beats on the drums like the old days to be decent. They have proven themselves nicely on the modern thrash front.

opera races

Reaction score
Nice, glad you like my write up too. :)
This band doesn't have to do fast beats on the drums like the old days to be decent. They have proven themselves nicely on the modern thrash front.
Personally what I find interesting about Megadeth is that IMO they can prove themselves outside the thrash "box" as well.

I remember when I saw the band in 2007 and was watching Dave play guitar it struck me that he's not just an excellent thrash guitarist but also quite a good guitar player in general and I think anyone who appreciates a good rock guitarist would be able to see and appreciate that.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Personally what I find interesting about Megadeth is that IMO they can prove themselves outside the thrash "box" as well.

I remember when I saw the band in 2007 and was watching Dave play guitar it struck me that he's not just an excellent thrash guitarist but also quite a good guitar player in general and I think anyone who appreciates a good rock guitarist would be able to see and appreciate that.

On albums like Countdown, Youthanasia he shows great abilities as a guitar player on more hard rock sounding albums. Cryptic Writing songs like Use The Man he plays good ballads and acoustic sounds.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The more I listen to this album the more I favour Chris Broderick over any other guitar partner Mustaine has had. He is the most accomplished guitar player of all of them, has the most complex solos and it all just fits perfectly. Sudden Death has lots of solos but a good thrash album needs plenty of quality solos like those.

garrypeace

Reaction score
I've been meaning to listen to this album since it was released. Never got around to it. Only song I have heard is New World Order. It's quite fun to play on guitar.

Nice review. Time to listen to the album. :)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have to admit after having heard this and Endgame plenty I actually think Endgame is better. As far as thrash goes Endgame has faster songs, faster riffs, a better production to an extent. I love 13 but I now prefer Endgame.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Staff online

Members online