Megadeth (Official Thread)

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Re: Megadeth

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/dave-ellefson-exclusive-why-im-back-in-megadeth/

David Ellefson Exclusive: Why I’m Back In Megadeth
mdome / News, Top Posts / 09/02/2010 15:54pm

David Ellefson has exclusively told Classic Rock about the motivations behind his return to Megadeth, after an eight-year absence.

“It literally happened over the weekend,” says the delighted bassist. “And I can hardly believe it myself. There was clearly gonna be a change in the line-up, because James Lomenzo was leaving. Dave (Mustaine) and I talked on the phone, and all the feuds, all the arguments we’ve been having over the years just melted away. It just goes to show what direct contact can achieve!”

According to Ellefson, it was drummer Shawn Drover who instigated the whole thing.

“If you ever need a guy in a band to watch your back, then this is the man. Obviously, I have no clue what happened within the band. But I got a text from Shawn and it just said: ‘If ever there was a time for you and Dave to talk, now is it.’ It’s one of those messages you act on immediately. Typically of Megadeth, things then happened big and fast.

“In all honesty, talking to Dave again was wonderful. It was the right thing at the right time, done in the right spirit.”

Ellefson rejoins the band in time for their March tour of America, where they will play the whole of the 1990 album Rust In Peace.

“I have one big advantage – I think I know those songs already! Seriously though, I was in New York with one of my other bands, Hail!, when I found out that Megadeth were doing this, and I did feel a little upset that I wasn’t at that point gonna be part of it. But, hey, now it’s all changed.

“So far, the reaction I’ve had from everyone has been overwhelmingly positive. I cannot wait to get back out there with Megadeth.”

Mustaine is reported as saying: “David Ellefson belongs in Megadeth. Next we are going to show you the power of getting your asses kicked… HARD!”

:grinthumb That's great news right there.. Dave rocks the Bass for sure.. Really dig his style..

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Great thread CN!!! :grinthumb

Love Megadeth and yet another band I had to obtain the complete works over the years...

My favorite song??

I look no further than this stellar track!!

:oy:

Removed dead video

megadeth_vic2.gif

megadeth_1987.jpg

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score

Years ago I worked for a record ahop and when you purchased one of their albums you got a free cd with it (hidden treasures) and a pass to meet them at one of their shows. I went to the show and afterwards I met the band and they were very friendly. I got them to sign the booklet from the CD and my jeans, Dave Mustain only put a cross instead of signing, I still own the jeans and the show was fab.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Voting on a poll triggered me to post this. Today while I was out in Cincinnati, downtown no less, I saw this little white haired old man, with a big stoggie in his mouth wearing a Megadeth T-Shirt. Pretty cool seeing that on an old gent like that.

I just had to ask him if he knew the band on his shirt and his reply was

"Hell ya, I know who Megadeth is. Only the brave can wear these shirts" I had to giggle and tell him he was a good metal american.......:heheh:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

That's a cute story Magic, but I am worried about Mud,,,he actually said he likes Oasis in that poll...:eek: I think he must have a fever or sumfin'...;)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

How come you're not in the picture??

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score

Megadeth is awesome!! Their best album IMO is Rust In Peace.

My fave songs are Holy Wars, Sweating Bullets, Lucretia, Wake UP Dead, Hangar 18.

Anyone ever listen to Marty Friedman's solo work? The album I have is called Introduction. It's like classical with wicked guitar solos running through it! Here's a taste.....

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online