Meet the Actors Who Will Portray Queen in the Upcoming Freddie Mercury Biopic

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
ultimateclassicrock.com

QueenActors2.jpg

The four actors who will be portraying the members of Queen in the upcoming Bryan Singer-directed Freddie Mercury biopic Bohemian Rhapsody have been revealed.

It had previously been announced that Mr. Robot‘s Rami Malek would be portraying Mercury in the movie, which the band’s official site says is set to begin filming “very, very soon.”

Today the casting of the rest of the band was confirmed. Gwilym Lee from The Tourist will be portraying guitarist Brian May, Ben Hardy (recently seen as Angel in X-Men: Apocalypse) will be playing drummer Roger Taylor and Social Network / G.I. Joe: Retaliation star Joe Mazello will be playing bassist John Deacon.

Back in 2010, Borat star Sacha Baron Cohen was slated to play Mercury in the film, he left the project in 2013 – allegedly because the band wanted Mercury’s 1992 death to take place in the middle of the film. “I said, ‘Listen, not one person is going to see a movie where the lead character dies from AIDS and then you see the band carry on.'”

May, however, has publicly disputed Cohen’s version of events. “Sacha became an arse,” he told the Daily Mail. “We had some nice times with Sacha kicking around ideas but he went off and told untruths about what happened.”

May and Taylor, who recently completed a rapturously-received North American tour in celebration of the 40th anniversary of their News of the World album, have declared themselves thrilled with the new choice to portray Mercury. “Rami has great presence and he’s utterly dedicated to the project. He’s completely living and breathing Freddie already, which is wonderful.”

Read More: Meet the Actors Who Will Portray Queen in the Upcoming Freddie Mercury Biopic | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/queen-movie-actors-cast/?trackback=tsmclip

Artas1984

Reaction score
Seriously? Who are these guys? I though Johnny Depp, if not Sasha Cohen, would play Freddie... Strangely enough, if i wanted to see a movie about Queen, i'd love to see their youth story, band formation and the problems they had with first band managers, up until their 1975 super success. I would not like to see their story after Freddie's death, even after 1986 (their last tour) or to see events, those took place during Freddie's Death. Sasha was right, who wants to see that?

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online