Ian Browne
Rich Priske
Geoff Lloyd (deceased)

Studio Albums
1995 Last of the Ghetto Astronauts
1997 Underdogs
1999 Beautiful Midnight
2001 The Audio of Being​

Matthew Good Band was a Canadian band that formed in Coquitlam, British Columbia, in 1993. They originally split in 1995 and Matthew Good recruited new bandmates to reform the group.

Their album, Underdogs, brought them attention and was a success. Their follow up, Beautiful Midnight, was even more successful and won them two Juno awards for Best Group and Best Rock Album. They had previously been nominated in 1998 for Best New Group.

The 2000's were not friendly for the Matthew Good Band. Matthew was diagnosed with sarcoidosis and had throat surgery and the band had been fighting with each other. Dave Genn quit the band after the 2001 release of their last album, The Audio of Being, and Matthew Good Band officially broke up in 2002.

Their former bass player, Geoff Lloyd, died in January 2010. An official cause was not given but he suffered from depression (he's the bald guy).

These guys were awesome. This bring me back to high school.

jackory

The NEW King of Pop
Reaction score
I haven't really dug into MGB's catalogue, but I will say this: "Beautiful Midnight" is one kick ass record and everyone who likes good, powerful, attitude driven rock music would do well to check it out. IMO it kind of peters out about 3/4s of the way in, but that's probably just because the first few songs are so good it's hard to follow them up.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElviraPeth

Members online