Marshall Tucker Band (Official Thread)

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Re: Official Marshall Tucker Band Thread

Sox, ''Where We All Belong'' (two record set - half studio/half live) ''A New Life '' and ''Searchin' for a Rainbow'' are albums worth checking out . As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I like early Marshall Tucker Band the best. Seen the original band live, back in the day. They were great. Toy Caldwell is some guitarist and Doug Grey is one of my favorite singers of all time. Marshall Tucker Band really hits home with me. My kinda music.

Nice one, my next move is gonna be the debut album. Bet that was a great gig GM.:grinthumb

rtbuck

Reaction score

Just last week I was getting into some Southern Rock & realized I only had one Marshall Tucker tune & it was on a Southern Rock compilation album (Can't You see). I have a couple vinyl records somewhere but I just picked up a double anthology(Anthology the First 30 Years) of theirs & enjoy the whole set

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score

I just picked up a double anthology(Anthology the First 30 Years) of theirs & enjoy the whole set

That's a nice pick up, rtbuck. :grinthumb

A little southern rock every once hits the spot, don't it. :)

:cheers2

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

It's nice to see a few more fans of MTB in here these days, especially the "Legend", Bucky.:cheers2

Reaction score

Here's a nice tune from Searchin' For A Rainbow

Fire On the Mountain--Live

The%2BMarshall%2BTucker%2BBand1.jpg

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score

In memory of Toy Caldwell!

1708217882853.jpeg

Nov. 13, 1947 / Feb. 25, 1993

Toy was born in Spartanburg, South Carolina, he was the founding member of the Southern rock group the "Marshall Tucker Band". In 1973, together with his brother bass guitar player Tommy Caldwell, they formed the band which was signed to Capricorn Records. The group produced multiple gold records, most songs wrote by Toy, with hits to include "Fire on the Mountain", "Can't You See", "Heard It In a Love Song", "Take the Highway" and performed in arenas around the world. He also served in the US Marine Corps during the Vietnam War and was injured in 1967. He died in his sleep at his home in Moore, South Carolina on Feb. 25, 1993.

(bio by: John "J-Cat" Griffith)

Marshall Tucker Band - Official Site

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online