Manowar (Official Thread)

Pat Catalano

Reaction score
Re: Manowar

LOL I like the band. Dave showed me a lot when he played in the band. I had a chance to do Eye of the Tiger with Manowar and Shankle at a club here in Chicago way back in 95. Joey is a big Rocky fan.. Little inside fact.

Always a blast playing with Shankle. I got to sit and talk with Joey at Shankles house when we first did our deal with Magic Circle records. When I have more time Ill tell stories lol.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Manowar is without a doubt one of my favorite true metal bands. They may be cheesy in a lot of people eyes but I only judge a band on the quality of the music they produce. One of the greatest live acts I have ever seen and I have seen A LOT !!

My feelings exactly DKW...cheesy doesn't bother me at all, if the music is good and the band is giving 100%, that's all I could ask for.

Pat, you played in this band??

I look forward to your anecdotes when you have time, and I do have a Dokken thread up now, MP said you had lots of inside info about them as well.:D

Pat Catalano

Reaction score

I didn't play in the band, I did play In Dave Shankles band DSG that he formed after he left Manowar. But I did get to play a song with the band at a show in Chicago when I was In DSG. :)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

You got me beat Pat, I haven't even seen Manowar live myself, let alone play a song with them.:hab:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

One of my favorites..kicks in at :58 seconds...bit of a punk element with this tune. CARRY ON!!

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Anyone that has the wrong impression of Manowar...too bad....beautiful new song here...

:wa

FATHER

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

Personally, I think they need to go back to playing more war and blood, balls out, metal bashers and ease up on the sentimental ballad crap they seem to have a growing fondness for. A few of them are pretty good but enough is enough already, IMO.

And I say this as long time fan ....The new ballad is giving me the wrong impression of Manowar. :bonk:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

I see your point Wolf but I think one YOUTUBE poster said it best...or better than I could...I will also post the studio version.

Theotherside11:

It's interesting that even when the song of Manowar is about war and killing, it makes the opposite - it makes fans from all over the world friendlier! Everyone calls each other "brother", doesn't even matter what country they are from. Friendship - that's the point. When song gives something more to fight for, it keeps us together. It's great to be not alone and hear "Hail brother!" from people all over the world!
HAIL BROTHERS!!!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Staff online

Members online