The Best of Mandy Moore (2004)
Candy (2005)
Super Hits (2008)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
mandy_moore1_300_400.jpg

:bow:

Mandy Moore was the first act I respected after the whole female teen pop star explosion. Christina came later but it was when I saw a stripped down performance on MTV that I thought, this girl is legitamately singing with emotion and she's just adorable. The girl next door of pop before Kelly Clarkson got that title. I can't find the MTV one anywhere butthis is a fair replacement!

I Wanna Be With You

As far as pure pop I was rooting for this track when it came out as it was an original flair compared to what it was competing with at the time (Jessica Simpson, blechh)!

Diamonds In My Pocket

The first album I bought from her was her superb sweet cover album:

Coverage
51GBA6AIrZL.jpg

Mandy has an old soul and does the songs sweet justice! Here's a cover I liked!
:grinthumb

Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters

The following albums had some cool tracks as well!

I liked these as well:

Someday We'll Know
(cover of one of my favorite acts of all time The New Radicals)

Gardenia
(beautiful mature ballad)

BTW Prime, thanks for making this and I think the Umbrella cover is great! :grinthumb

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
A few years back, I read a presser for a more recent Mandy Moore album in which she basically confessed to loathing some of her earlier work. That didn't sit well with me.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I see someone was trying to get on my nerves when making this thread. :rolleyes:

:heheh:

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Riiiight. So you just HAPPENED to make this on the same night I mentioned my loathing of Mandy's lukewarm vocals? :heheh:

I actually hadn't thought about that until now honestly. I made the thread because I knew Sooty would enjoy it. Scouts honor :flirt

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I actually hadn't thought about that until now honestly. I made the thread because I knew Sooty would enjoy it. Scouts honor :flirt

Whaaaatever. :heheh:

I saw The Princess Diaries the other day and it reminded me of why I can't stand Ms. Moore. When she sings that "Stupid Cupid" song, I swear she makes Rebecca Black look like a step up. I just find her to be nails on a chalkboard, and always have.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
I dunno, I don't really mind her, but I don't really listen to her enough to hate her. But...now that you mention it, I really really hate that Stupid Cupid song. It's like when she sings that one specific part, her voice goes up too much and too fast and it sounds like she's going to strain her voice. if not already. I don't hate Mandy Moore, but that song is atrocious. Like many artists though, she's had her ups and downs.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online