Making a beat from scratch in my music studio VIDEO

AdonaiTheProducer

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm a professional music producer and audio engineer. I just recently released a video of myself making a beat in my studio. I hope it brings you all some sort of value! :)

Schmetterling

Reaction score
Dude. Trust me. You're on the wrong forum with this stuff. It's robotic, instantly forgettable, throwaway rubbish.

Try Soundcloud as I suggested before. It'll be much more suited to what you're trying to do and you'll get on much better there.

To be brutally honest, this kind of thing doesn't really represent any kind of great or outstanding musical talent in my book. I mean, any fool can hold down a couple of simple chords on a midi controller with a click track going in the background and then build up a little rythm to go along with it using programmed percussion sounds. It doesn't in any way make you a "professional producer" and there's certainly no great skill required in doing any of this.

In my own opinion, the reasoning above coupled with the fact that this kind of music software is so freely available to all and sundry nowadays is the primary reason for why the general quality of commercial music has taken such a dive over the last couple of decades as it no longer requires any real level of actual talent to produce what passes for music in the modern world.

Look I'm not trying to put you down here or anything and I'm sure there is undoubtedly some kind of market somewhere for what you're doing, but if you really want to impress people you'll need to show some aspiration to real musical skills and discipline.

Aspire to a decent level of musicianship where you actually play something original which is worth listening to and it might be the kind of thing which will impress on here, along with plain old fashioned actual songwriting skills too of course rather than all this "just push a couple of buttons and hey presto you have a song" kind of thing, which, as I already said is just a pile of rubbish.

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online