Månegarm

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The only other viking metal I have listened to is Amon Amarth, and Manegarm just doesnt sound at all like AA. Manegarm has more styles than just viking metal, I hear a lot of dark folk metal, too.

I am going to have to pass on this band......sorry guys :(

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
When I saw this band name on the post board, I thought it said Mamogram.......

This band sure has a different sound than what I am use to hearing. I will have to do some searches and hear more to form an honest opinion.

Like MP said they aren't for everyone. This kind of music is an acquired taste
for many, including me.

Fortunately, I was very intrigued by the cord progressions, timing etc of extreme forms of metal so I continued to listen and now have a great fondness for good deal of the vocalists in the extreme genres that I would have never imagined when I first started listening to this kind of stuff.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Like MP said they aren't for everyone. This kind of music is an acquired taste
for many, including me.

Fortunately, I was very intrigued by the cord progressions, timing etc of extreme forms of metal so I continued to listen and now have a great fondness for good deal of the vocalists in the extreme genres that I would have never imagined when I first started listening to this kind of stuff.

I have tried many times to do exactly that DKW, because I like the music but I just cannot make the transition to the vocals of the darker genres of metal.

Not for lack of trying and copious amounts of beer to set the mood but in the end I prefer clean vocals.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
The only other viking metal I have listened to is Amon Amarth, and Manegarm just doesnt sound at all like AA. Manegarm has more styles than just viking metal, I hear a lot of dark folk metal, too.

I am going to have to pass on this band......sorry guys :(

Actually, Amon Amarth is not really Viking Metal. What they are is Melodic Death metal with a Viking theme. Bands that mix black metal and folk metal musically are true Viking metal.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Actually, Amon Amarth is not really Viking Metal. What they are is Melodic Death metal with a Viking theme. Bands that mix black metal and folk metal musically are true Viking metal.

in that case, I don't have the ears for Viking Metal. But I do like Amon Amarth :tongue:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online