Lynyrd Skynyrd ‘Live at Knebworth ’76’ Coming

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Lynyrd-Skynyrd-Live-at-Knebworth-76-300x300.jpg

On August 21, 1976, while on their “Gimme Back My Bullets” tour, Lynyrd Skynyrd took the stage at Knebworth Park in England as part of a daylong festival headlined by the Rolling Stones. With Ronnie Van Zant on vocals and the Gary Rossington / Allen Collins / Steve Gaines triple guitar attack, Skynyrd delivered an electric performance in front of a crowd estimated between 150,000 and 200,000, which has gone down as one of the band’s greatest performances. Their entire performance from that day is being released April 9, 2021, on CD + DVD, CD + Blu-ray, and as a limited edition 2-LP + DVD, via Eagle Rock.

The set includes such classic rock staples as “Sweet Home Alabama,” “Gimme Three Steps” and a blistering version of “Free Bird,” which closed their performance.

The Blu-ray also contains the feature-length documentary If I Leave Here Tomorrow: A Film About Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Also on the bill on that memorable day were Hot Tuna, Todd Rundgren’s Utopia, 10cc, and the Don Harrison Band, which featured two members of Creedence Clearwater Revival, Doug Clifford and Stu Cook.

Tickets were £4.25, the equivalent of around £31.72 in 2021. That equates to approximately $44 U.S. dollars today. Skynyrd’s two-record live LP, One More From the Road, would be released three weeks later.

Lynyrd Skynyrd Live at Knebworth, August 21, 1976 Setlist

Workin’ For MCA
I Ain’t the One
Saturday Night Special
Whiskey Rock-a-Roller
Travelin’ Man
Searching
Gimme Three Steps
Call Me the Breeze
Blue Yodel No. 1 (T For Texas)
Sweet Home Alabama
Free Bird

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
A great concert, there were sound issues when Hot Tuna played, 10cc worked out well, I was surprised.. The Stones were more than unfashionably late.. the roadies were throwing water on us, as the heat was unbearable... Skynyrd played the Stones off the stage by miles.. they were brilliant.. including ticket and coach - £15!!!

Saiyan Rocker

The Legendary Super Rocker
Reaction score
A great concert, there were sound issues when Hot Tuna played, 10cc worked out well, I was surprised.. The Stones were more than unfashionably late.. the roadies were throwing water on us, as the heat was unbearable... Skynyrd played the Stones off the stage by miles.. they were brilliant.. including ticket and coach - £15!!!

You were there :eek:

That's not fair, why couldn't I've been born in that time :banghead:

It only cost $44 dollars I spent like $300 a ticket on Elton John. (The Rolling Stones and Aerosmith were about the same. (I also won't see them until 2022, but I've waited this long so it shouldn't be an issue))

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
It mentions that the Blu-ray will include "If I Leave Here Tomorrow: A Film About Lynyrd Skynyrd" - A great documentary I highly recommend Skynyrd fans check out. Does that mean the DVD that comes with the vinyl won't have the documentary? I obviously want this show on vinyl - hell, I have several bootleg versions of the show on CD already, but I certainly also want that documentary, and so, I guess I might have to buy the CD package too. Slightly annoying to be honest.

Apart from that, definitely a release to look forward to!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online