1967 Da Capo
1967 Forever Changes
1969 Four Sail
1969 Out Here
1970 False Start
1975 Reel to Real
1992 Arthur Lee & Love
2009 Love Lost

I just discovered this band last month! They are indeed the greatest band in history!

You Set The Scene is the greatest song ever!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Re: Love

I have never heard 'em.

But speaking of Hendrix... Hendrix also played on a Steven Stills track, and Jimmy Page did too.

jeffrey

Alive & Well & Living In
Reaction score
Second to the right then straight on till morning

I rate this band very highly indeed, in fact Forever Changes is my favourite album of all time. I bought their first UK album back in (censored) because the cover looked great and I knew it would really annoy my parents :oyea: Playing it these days it seems so refreshing and in many ways timeless. The next album De Capo built on its predecessor and it too is a marvelous album - the song The Castle is wonderful - but the third record Forever Changes is a masterpiece. The wholesale line-up changes for the next album Four Sail didn't, imo, work too well but that album has some great songs on it namely August and Robert Montgomery. It's probably in many ways a lost classic. Arthur Lee was a genius at song writing although his later work didn't match up to his days as leader of the original Love and his death robbed the music world of a great artist.

They're not everybody's cup of tea, but well worthy of a listen, and if anyone sees Forever Changes in a bargain bin it's worth a purchase.

la-may08a.jpg l_30f5dbf9c3e83af88d595329b8ffd230.png

Džedaj

Groovy as hell.
Reaction score

Yeah! Can't believe I didn't saw this thread before. I love Love :D Most of their songs are just like LSD trip- without header, chorus or anything that binds solid piece of music - it just flows on and on. Beautiful and amazing acoustic songs makes these guys one of finest psychedelic band ever, and one of my favorite, too. Forever Changes is an epic album, their debut album is also very good (extra info : Pink Floyd's Interstellar Overdrive was built when Rogers hummed base melody of "My Little Red Book" off Love's debut album to Syd) :grinthumb
Arthur Lee is very underrated musical genius.

Džedaj

Groovy as hell.
Reaction score

Whoa, nice pics. Arthur sure has some groovy glasses on that last pic :D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn