Lous A-Z of 70s Glam Rock !!

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
SWEET and SLADE , 2 of the biggest and successful 70s glam rock bands are getting together for a uk tour !!!
SWEET [ That is Andy Scotts version ]

current line up ANDY SCOTT Guitar vocals
Bruce Bisland
Tony Ohora
Pete Lincoln

There is another version of Sweet Steve Priests SWEET who tour the US/Canada
Original vocalist from the classic line up Brian Connolly died in 1997 aged 51

SLADE

Current line up.....contain 2 original members DAVE HILL guitar vocals and DON POWELL drums joined by John Berry and Mal McNulty. McNulty had a spell himself with SWEET previously
Original vocalist legend NODDY HOLDER spent 25 years with the band....leaving in 1991

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Yes they are Sweaty !! The City Hall on November 27th 2013 , SLADE and SWEET are playing over 20 dates in the UK alone, both are heavy touring bands, SLADE have been playing Russia lately.
I have got to say its sort of tempting....I know both bands aren't exactly what they were in the 70s or 80s......

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I would be tempted myself, saw Sweet some years ago and they were very good, will check out prices...Tickets are £26 and £28 Lou, Let me know if you are interested...

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
More " 70s Junkshop glam " . Its great to listen to some of these obscure gems....some of these old 45s are collectable [ for some]

WALKERS were a successful 70s pop/glam band from Denmark....totally unknown in the uk

SMYLE...were from Holland...with Beatles influences. as for TRISTRAM SHANDY and Paul Kendrick.....?? all I know is they are both from the UK

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Heres one band that missed the radar when I compiled this thread about 70s glam rock.Worth checking out !

TEARS [ from Sweden ] Recorded 3 albums and a few singles. SWEET influences here...

.....the first track has a FASTER PUSSYCAT feel to it IMO

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
A great documentary about 70s Glam Rock...A must for Bolan,Bowie,Slade fans etc :grinthumb

BBC KINGS OF GLAM

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
LEFT END..........Now here was a 70s band from Youngstown OHIO U.S that touched on the glam image and sound. Musically somewhere between Alice Cooper and Slade.I have been playing their debut album from 1974 "Spoiled Rotten" ,got to say its rather excellent .:grinthumb
Frontman Dennis T Menass had a great voice.The band got to play support to some great Rock legends Eagles, ZZ Top,Ted Nugent etc
LEFT END deserved to be huge.
Reformed several times over the years ....sadly after years of illness singer Dennis T Menass died July 2014

Loser

Attachments

• DENNIS T MENNAS.jpg
    DENNIS T MENNAS.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 11

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Two more U.S Glam rock artists from the 70s

SHADY LADY....from L.A, lots of talent here and well ahead of their time with their proto punk glam around the time of early New York Dolls.
Sadly things didn't quite happen for the band. They recorded an album only for the label to go bust...split up later.The drummer went on to sing for Zolar X.The album "Raving mad " saw the light of day when it was released on an Italian label in 2005

Night Witch / The move

BEAUTEAZE.....from Detroit

Fun city

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FernandoRu

Staff online

Members online