Lous A-Z of 70s Glam Rock !!

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
Re: Lous A-Z of 70s Glamrock !!

C................ Steve Harleys COCKNEY REBEL, DAVID CASSIDY ,CHICORY TIP, Clout, Child , Co-co

C........CHICORY TIP Formed UK 1967 .Had a number 1 with "Son of my father" in 72. Followed by songs in similar style eg. "good grief Christina " They were pioneers in the fact they were one of the first to have a hit single featuring a moog synthesiser. They only released.......just one album. CHICORY TIP were a great fun glam band with a sense of humour and wacky costumes. It was said that when they played live they sounded more like Deep Purple.......like a lot of bands in this era.....they werent taken seriously....split up 75. Have been known to play the odd 70s revival nostalgia nights since.....

Electro pop style in 1972

C......DAVID CASSIDY Oh how my elder sister used to SWOON over him . :flirt She wasnt the only one as he was one of pop cultures most celebrated teen idols !!!!
Best known for his role as Kieth Partridge in the 70s musical sitcom THE PARTRIDGE FAMILY [See Metalpriests thread ] Mass hysteria when ever he played live.......still around today as a celeb and sings in musicals

C........CLOUT Were a 5 piece South African all girl rock group. Formed 77
Had a big hit with the song "substitute" in the UK and around Europe and Australia. Split 81. They even did a version of Argents "since youve been gone" a song RAINBOW covered

David Cassidy !!!!:cheers2

ha ha He was glam ? I didn't know that ? Lol I was hip lil Teenie Tweenie :heheh:

I didn't know it ;)
Am I allowed post a video ?
If not sorry...

Last edited:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

maybe....David Cassidy wasnt glam as such...but it was also" the pin up" era,Bolan, Bay City Rollers.etc :).........im even going to mention ............The Osmonds !!! :wtf: lol yikes :wa

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score

maybe....David Cassidy wasnt glam as such...but it was also" the pin up" era,Bolan, Bay City Rollers.etc :).........im even going to mention ............The Osmonds !!! :wtf: lol yikes :wa

Lol!!!:heheh: Erm I will wait for the 'O'S' :flirt

Donny did have some glittery purple flares etc :D

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

A band id totally forgotten :bonk:about..........ANGEL...no not the US glam maestros:bow::bow: ive already mentioned but.............

ANGEL [ UK ] A band put together ,produced and managed by Andy Scott and Mick Tucker of THE SWEET. The group sounded and even looked like THE SWEET [Ahem not a bad thing to me....:D ]
The song "good time fanny" is SUPERB!!......written by ANDY SCOTT...[.should he have saved it for THE SWEET?? ] I have been looking for this single since I was a kid with no success.
Thanks to the glory of you-tube I hadnt heard this song for 36 years!!!!!!!!!! I even doubted this was ever released
Unfortunately ANGEL [UK] remained a very obscure band.....no one I ever knew had ever heard of them!
Great to find out info that the band had hits in Germany ,Japan and even a number 1 in Switzerland .yay!!! ANGELs singer was Brian Johnson [ no not him of AC/DC fame.] The band also reunited in 2005 to play shows in Germany.
I owe this band a lot......as it drew my attention to ANGEL [The helluva band one:grinthumb]

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

C...............STEVE HARLEY AND COCKNEY REBEL [ see SUNNYs thread.... ]
Real name Stephen Nice ,born London uk.Originally a busker, Steve formed the band and signed to EMI after just 5 gigs. COCKNEY REBELs 1st single"sebastian" was a hit in Europe, his second "Judy teen" was the first to chart in the UK. It was followed by the highly rated album " the Psychomodo" .
By 1975 he topped the charts with the brilliant single "make me smile" and a cover of "here comes the sun" was also highly successful.
Good to see the man is still touring.....and still in demand after all these years

Last edited:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

D..........THE DEAD END KIDS.Lynsey De Paul :heybaby:,Kiki Dee band

DEAD END KIDS........Bay city Rollers copy band had one hit,one album and dissapeared.........

E..........DAVID ESSEX Since the 70s David has had 19 top 40 singles in the UK + 16 top 40 albums. I must admit I might own 2 . I can see the "vinyl police" coming round to arrest me :heheh:
He has had an extensive career as an actor on stage and screen. Still active
I love this track........rock on.....a classic!!!

E......ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA Worth a mention? :D

F...........THE FACES, FOX ,Flintlock ,Fancy

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

F............ROD STEWART AND THE FACES...[Dont forget to check out MAGICs thread- Rod Stewart] .Formed in 1969 by members of THE SMALL FACES after Steve Marriott formed HUMBLE PIE.The band including Ronnie Lane were now joined by Ronnie Wood -guitar and Rod Stewart [both ex Jeff Beck group and the line up was renamed THE FACES. Released 4 albums..Rod Stewarts distinctive dry vocals was an essential quality to the band,eventually with him becoming a highly successful solo artist aswell.
This year after much talk THE FACES will be performing again,but not with Rod on vocals but............Mick Hucknall [!!!??!!:wa]

F.........FOX Formed 74 featured the seductive vocals of Australian Noosha Fox. Only recorded a few albums, I have the debut....quality stuff. Noosha went on to make a few solo releases

G..........GARY GLITTER , GEORDIE ,THE GLITTER BAND,etc

G.........GARY GLITTER........Real name Paul Gadd.One of 70 glams most Colorful but since recently controversial characters. Im not going to talk about what he did.....just about his "heyday" when GLITTERMANIA was here in the early 70s. His first chart hit "rocknroll part 1+2" was a massive hit world wide followed by countless other chart success. His image was striking with his glitter outfits and the biggest silver platform boots youve ever seen :)
GARY GLITTER...with the help of producer Mike Leander produced a glitter rock sound...using chants and the sounds of two drummers
His records were aways on our turntable.....my sister, brother,mother and myself the guilty parties GARY GLITTER rocked!!

Attachments

• 48099.jpg
    48099.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 91
  • garyglitter.jpg
    garyglitter.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 90

joe

Reaction score

Hey Lou,

Do ya think The Faces are a glam rock band? With due respect, I have to disagree with you. IMO they're the quintessential rock 'n roll band.

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score

before you get too far away from the 'D'S ...
I wanted to ask about The DeFranco Family featuring Tony DeFranco ..

they had quite a few pop hits here in the states .

' Heartbeat, It's A Lovebeat' is prob their most famous. They would fit in the category of The Osmonds and The Partridges etc ? Teen Family bands were huge here...this was one of them

Sorry If I Derailed you Lou ..Just wondering ?

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online