Birth: August 4th, 1901
Death: July 6th, 1971

LouisArmstrong.jpg

young.jpg

louis-armstrong3.jpg

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
I have to plead ignorance when it comes to most of this gentleman's music but What A Wonderful World is a lovely song :grinthumb

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Definitely. I was just listening to it on pandora, and I figured a thread would be a perfect place to express my love for it and the artist in general. :)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I have to plead ignorance when it comes to most of this gentleman's music but What A Wonderful World is a lovely song :grinthumb

:grinthumb All I can really add is when you talk most unique, authentic, genuine vocal Louis has to be in the top five. Who else sounds ANYTHING like him? I DARE anyone to give me anyone! :D

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
^I agree completely :grinthumb

I figured you'd enjoy this thread Sox :)

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^:cheers2 He would definitely be on my long list of people I would have loved to invite to a party/dinner P&C.:grinthumb

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
I bet he'd be a great time to just hangout with. I think he could offer a lot of knowledge judging on how early he was put onto this earth. His knowledge about things must have been quite vast.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^Yeah you're dead right and I would be hanging on every word. IMO he has justifiable claim to be placed in the top three most influential musicians of the last century.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Precisely. I wish more people would have been exposed to this music though. I got pretty lucky to have grandparents who enjoyed this stuff. Which in term, allowed me to be exposed to this artist. I thank them dearly for that.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online