Lou Reed - Metal Machine Music

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score
Metal_machine_music.jpg

Nothing but guitar feedback, carefully controlled by Lou.
I had the double album and played it through many times.

symph

Wham bam boom man!
Reaction score
Re: Am I the only person to haved enjoyed this album?

Is he the guy from the cars? I know it's a long shot, but it kind of looks like him.

Reaction score

Is he the guy from the cars? I know it's a long shot, but it kind of looks like him.

nope, he was with Velvet Underground, by the 70s he was solo, I'm sure you've heard the song "I'm So Free" or most definitely "Walk on the Wild Side"

symph

Wham bam boom man!
Reaction score

Oh man, I can't believe I thought cars before Velvet Underground, I should have associated it by the name Lou Reed. I've not heard too much of his solo stuff, and I definitely haven't heard that album, but it sounds like it's worth checking out!

Reaction score

Oh man, I can't believe I thought cars before Velvet Underground, I should have associated it by the name Lou Reed. I've not heard too much of his solo stuff, and I definitely haven't heard that album, but it sounds like it's worth checking out!

haha, yeah same on his solo stuff, I just know his couple of hits, I have an album someone burned me somewhere... but I'll be looking into this album, I probably won't like it, but I'll think it was cool to listen to once :heheh:

rtbuck

Reaction score

I'm a big Lou Reed fan & I don't mind it but I can't listen to the whole album all at once
I like playing Metal machine Music to annoy my wife!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Never a big fan of Velvet Underground, but I did like Walk on the Wild Side. I don't know if I could sit through a whole album of solo guitar distortion, so I think I'll have to pass on that one Shadow.

wolfsblood

Reaction score
Lou Reed rocks, but Metal Machine Music is a joke. It's funny but I wouldn't recommend anyone pay more than a buck for it.
They should put a two minute excerpt of Metal Machine Music onto a Lou Reed compilation CD someday and that would be all anyone needs of it.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steviepaul

Members online