Loop

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

LOOP were a psychedelic / drone rock band from South London UK 1986...split 1991. based round vocalist/guitarist Robert Hampson.
LOOPs sound lived up to the bands name with hypnotising fuzztone guitars,dark lyrics amongst a dark mass of feedback guitar lines.
Influences range from THE STOOGES ,to the Krautrock sounds of CAN. LOOP had reasonable success in the "shoegaze" era in the late 80s next to bands Jesus and the mary chain, Verve,Spiritualised ,Stone Roses etc
Their highlight playing the Reading Rock Festival.

Im a bit late getting into this band...borrowed a cd off my son fairly recently to spark off interest..............LOOP are a real trip !!!:grinthumb hope you like them

Last edited:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
LOOP Discography

Heavens end 1987
The world in your eyes [compilation] 88
Fade out 89
Eternal =the singles [compilation] 89
A guilded eternity 90
Wolf flow [peel sessions ] 91
Dual [compilation] 92

Last edited:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
After watching the band SWANS perform the other evening my son commented on their comparison to LOOP....[ repetetive riffs...and " nowave " influences ]
Heres LOOP doing a fine version to CANs "mother sky"

............your comments please :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Nice thread Lou, not really my kind of band though...but to be fair I never judge anything after one sitting, I'll see if I can get an album and give it a proper listen.

I love the way you found this band, from your son, my Mom used to run upstairs and grab the cover of any new album I bought that she liked, but that was a long long time ago now.:grinthumb

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

2 more from LOOP . Singer Hampson never liked the band to be called rock or psychedelic . His later band MAIN became even more avant garde....

Years on......there is still talk of a LOOP reformation..we have to wait and see

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
LOOP reformation ? Well it sort of happened . They played various festivals alongside bands like Mogwai, The Pop Group etc in the UK,USA etc but recently pulled out of future events . There is talk of Hampson forming a new line up.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
LOOP are back ! Singer guitarist Robert Hampson has put together a new line up ,playing gigs and have their first release in 25 years ! A new four track mini album that draws the old sound of Loop and in parts some of the industrial/noise of Hampsons previous band MAIN.
My son got to see them the other night in Manchester and said they were good I wish I was there to have seen it...ah well another night

Precession

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online