Longdancer

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Longdancer were a 4-piece music group from England from the early 1970s. They signed to Elton John's Rocket Record label. Releases included the single "If It Was So Simple" and albums If It Was So Simple (1973) and Trailer For A Good Life (1974).

They had little commercial success and would be virtually forgotten except that the line-up included a teenage David A. Stewart, who later enjoyed huge success in Eurythmics.

Great albums that are very hard to get hold of, here are a couple of tracks:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Well done Sweaty! for bringing us to the attention of a highly underated band..i would be well impressed if anyone owns any of their albums. The vocal harmonies on "trivialities" are first class. Shame they didnt get the break they deserved especially being on Eltons label......

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It is truly amazing the bands that never reach commercial success but are good bands. They do tend to get forgotten especially if they break up.

This band has a chilled, folksy sound...not too bad :tup:

dqrrq0.jpg

A youthful Longdancer in 1972
Left to right: Kai Olsson, Steve Sproxton, Dave Stewart, Brian Harrison

jshgqp.jpg

Kai Olsson

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Yes that is the same Dave Stewart who later had fame teaming up with Annie Lennox in the bands THE TOURISTS , and EURYTHMICS . Nice man I met him him once

Last edited:

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I have been watching a programme with Dave Stewart and he has sold over 100 million records as a producer, song writer and performer.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online