Lola Colt [Official thread]

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
LOLA COLT .....A six piece psychedelic rock band hailing from LONDON UK.Still early days, the band released their highly acclaimed debut album "Away from the Water" in 2014.
Heres hoping you guys on CRF take a liking to this band. Iam predicting big things...so look out for them!
Musically LOLA COLT have a great "Western" guitar twang to add to their psychedelic sound and the strong vocals of Gun Overbye remind you of Patti Smith/PJ Harvey or even Siouxsie at times.They are playing a European tour and I am hoping to check them out in Nottingham in February

Jaguar/Driving Mr Johney

Attachments

• images.jpgHGDHDHF.jpg
    images.jpgHGDHDHF.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 33
  • imagesIR1OOPBJ.jpg
    imagesIR1OOPBJ.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 33

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
I can see why you like these guys Lou with their gothic tinge. Are there three girls and three blokes that make up the band? I was trying to work it our from the vids. These two songs would fit perfectly on a spaghetti western film :) I particularly like Driving Mr Johnny :grinthumb

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Quote Tray "These songs would fit perfectly on a spaghetti western film " They certainly would !....even the bands name is taken from a b- movie 60s western.

LOLA COLT Line up

Gun Overbye...vocals guitar
Matt Loft.....guitars
James Hurse...guitars
Kitty Austen ..Organs backing vocals
Tatia Starkey...bass
Martin Scott...drums

Another top track taken from the album...currently on my playlist :grinthumb

Ring of ghosts

Mistral Wind

Reaction score
Incredible! The two tracks you've posted in the first message are live and they sound perfect! And I agree, she definitely reminds Patti Smith.
Thanks for the tip. You always find interesting stuff. :grinthumb

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Great track Mistral ! Every track on the album rocks ! I have got to thank my son for getting me into this band...he saw them on the bill at a Psych festival in Liverpool and had a strong feeling I would like them.
The album hasn't been off the cd player in the last month...I highly recommend it !!
Looking forward to the gig also.

Last edited:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
WOW ! Capital wow ! I went to see LOLA COLT play "live" in Nottingham...what can I say ? Breath takingly brilliant !!
Note perfect.Every track sounding crisply clear as the cd and their videos really capture what they are really like.
LOLA COLT were twangtastic !:bow:
Yep bought the t shirt,got to speak to the band and got the cd signed.
I have got to see this band again and soon....

Heres another beauty from the album :grinthumb

Heartbreaker

Attachments

• Lola%20Colt%20cont.jpg
    Lola%20Colt%20cont.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Its been a bit quiet on the LOLA COLT front....they have blagged a good gig at the Cosmosis Festival in Manchester with an impressive line up that includes Jesus and the Mary Chain and The Ravonettes. The tickets are a bit pricey but you never know I might get to it.
Meanwhile heres another superb track off the album :grinthumb

Vacant hearts

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
The Cosmosis gig was a great success ! They were great...I was up at the front with my Lola Colt t shirt on , Sweaty meanwhile made his excuses midset to go and see WIRE on a different stage. A good solid performance and even threw a few new songs in aswell/
Thanks to Sweaty for the photo :grinthumb

Attachments

• 10406876_10154068267615229_3974349935759791432_n.jpg
    10406876_10154068267615229_3974349935759791432_n.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 11

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy