Live and Let Die versions: Paul McCartney vs Guns n' Roses

Which version of Live And Let Die do you prefer?

• Total voters

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
I'm partial to the Guns n' Roses version because:

a. I have nostalgic attachments to it. It came out at the height of my music-discovering teenage years.

b. I just prefer it musically to the Macca version.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Best Bond theme song of all time, the original blows Axl & Company's cover away. Macca without breaking a sweat.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Definitely Guns N' Roses! I'm not saying Axl is a good singer in technical terms but I always found the Beatles better songwriters than vocalist on all counts. I think overall their singing lacks personality particularly solo. I like Axls vocals better here plus even though the song was heavy FOR a Beatles member to be part of the song is better done in a even heavier fashion. There's much more energy in the G N' R version and I think this is a case of a cover being more appealing than the original IF not being better for that aspect alone! :grinthumb

Khor1255

Reaction score
Paul McCartney

I like the gnr version but it doesn't even come close to catching the real fire of that tune. And the near out of tune chirps Slash does during the bridges are bland and annoying at the same time.

There is no real build up in the gnr version so while it would be a cool tune for them had hey wrote it it is a let down from the original.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online