Little Walter

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
Little Walter, born Marion Walter Jacobs (May 1, 1930 – February 15, 1968), was an American blues harmonica player, whose revolutionary approach to his instrument has earned him comparisons to Charlie Parker and Jimi Hendrix, for innovation and impact on succeeding generations. His virtuosity and musical innovations fundamentally altered many listeners' expectations of what was possible on blues harmonica. Little Walter was inducted to the The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2008 making him the first and only artist ever to be inducted specifically for his work as a harmonica player.

SOURCE

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
Little Walter is my favorite harp player, hands down. He's a northern bluesman.

The guy had a feel that was majestic. No hesitation, and a model example to the rock and roll artists that copied him in years to follow.

My Babe

Walter's Jump

Mellow Down Easy

Rollin' And Tumblin' (incredible!)

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
Since I am not allowed to edit my own posts, I am re-posting My Babe from above that has went kaput.

My Babe

Last edited:

blues in colour

Reaction score
Love little Walter, theres sadly only a few clips of him live as far as I know but I had a go colourising them here:

Little Walter, Hound Dog & Koko Taylor recorded 9th October 1967 at WDR TV in Cologne, Germany at the American Folk Blues Festival tour of '67.

Little Walter, Hound Dog & Koko Taylor recorded 9th October 1967 at WDR TV in Cologne, Germany at the American Folk Blues Festival tour of '67. Some beautiful slide from Hound Dog on Will My Man Be Home Tonight!

Hound Dog Taylor & Little Walter recorded live on the 11th October, 1967 in a TV Studio in Copenhagen, Denmark.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online