Lissie: This Chick Friggin' Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Lissie
Lissie4.jpg
Lissie_imageone.jpg

Wow! This chick is awesome! She sings gritty folk rock with a pinch of Grunge! She sounds like a blend of Pat Benatar, Melissa Etheridge, Stevie Nicks and Liz Phair. I just found this artist literally a half hour ago but I have to post it here! Screw sleep! :heheh: I've found a mixture of originals, live and covers from her and I'm not sure how to narrow it down but I'll try! :grinthumb

Edit: Eberg said it well when he stated:

"Guitar tones, and the 60sish garage mixed with very early 70s slower pop song type influence were all very cool, it sounds new and fresh"

Her current album is:

Catching A Tiger

catching-a-tiger.jpg

Here are some awesome songs:

When I'm Alone

In Sleep

Wedding Bells

Here are some GREAT covers:

Bad Romance (Lady Gaga cover)

Nothing Else Matters (Metallica cover)

Pursuit of Happiness (Kid Cudi cover)

Well, that's the taste! If this lady doesn't make it big then the world is on crack! :tongue: Enjoy! :cheers2

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Anytime OFB! I benefit from someone sharing my enthusiasm for an artist!

Here's another cool cover! Not easy to pull off a respectable cover of this classic!

Stairway To Heaven

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I had an easier time listening to Stairway than watching the video. I just hate it when women screw with their hair constantly. I don't think she went more than 20 seconds at any point in this video without doing just that. Just a personal annoyance of mine.

The music isn't too bad, but I think it's a pretty weak mix. Sounds like four separate tracks rather than one singular track with the separate instuments and vocals working together. *shrug* not sure if that makes sense or not.

Anyway, interesting. thanks for sharing.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I just wanted to see how much she plays with her hair :heheh:

No really...a bit of Patti Smith there too Soot...just gone done listening to "When I'm Alone". I enjoy the phrasing and melody of this track...and it's that raspy hesitatiion in her voice that brought Patti to mind as well as the pronounciation.

Thanks for the share...will check out the rest. :grinthumb

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
Damn soot why are we always on thesame page. Just found out about her a few days ago. Tried to get into her CMJ show last week but the line was soooooo long.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Ah yeah. I know Lissie. My friend Asher introduced me to her with her cover of "Bad Romance" back in July (which I believe I actually posted in the "Rate The Song Above You" thread at some point) and I had my hands on her "Catching a Tiger" album within a month of it's release. :)

Also, if it makes you feel good Sooty, Lissie is doing rather well in Europe right now and is bubbling under in the States.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
@ Lynch-Thanks for checking it out! I refuse to watch Stairway to Heaven now because I'll be looking for the hair thing now! Thanks! :rolleyes: :heheh: Actually on these live tracks I love the sound on them! It's a little rough around the edges but after hearing the studio mixes where they are really polished I much prefer them live where I heard them initially! Probably different preferences on production between us, etc. :grinthumb

@ Metal-Yes, Patti is another good reference! The lady has a quality I haven't heard in a female vocalist in a long time. The last raspy, husky female vocalist I heard before was Brandi Carlile who reminds me a lot of Melissa Etheridge!

@ Aktivator-Great minds think alike! I always know that there's a chance to see you in any new artist thread! That makes me sad you didn't get in as the pictures would be great as always! :grinthumb

@ That's great news Cosmic and I want that album in physical form ASAP! :grinthumb

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
She's really good Sooty! Enjoyed all the songs even the cover of Stairway which is my least favourite Zepp song :heheh: ............ but as Lynch said ......... leave the hair alone Lissie!!!!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online