LG's Recommendation Thread

LyricalLaurel

EΔЯ ЯESPOИSIBŁE, too!
Reaction score
LG, what a great thread. I'm looking forward to testing the waters with some of these "unknowns" --- to me anyway! :D I especially like that you've pointed out that the music that I will hear is that which I've been hearing and just never knew it.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Been a long time since I had a visitor in this dusty old thread Laurel...thanks for stopping by.:grinthumb

cyggy

Cygnusx1
Reaction score
Although I didn't post any samples all the information is on the covers CP/M, and classical just doesn't sound very good on most youtube videos generally. Go to Grooveshark and see if they have a streaming version the sound quality they have is usually better. And Allegri used to post dl links which I am not going to do.

Thanks for this thread LG , and double thanks for the Grooveshark tip :cheers2:grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Grooveshark is somewhat dodgy these days Cyggy, a couple years ago it was really good and dependable, now it's just not the same. Magic is the one who told me about it years ago as an alternative to YT vids, but I haven't looked at it in some time.

Still thanks for stopping in for a visit Cyggy.:hab:

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
I posted some Delius on here a few weeks ago, and Gerald Finzi probably comes somewhere between Delius and Vaughan Williams stylistically, he composed some beautifully scored and sumptuous orchestral works, and also several nice song-cycle settings of words by Thomas Hardy, sorry your link to the Eclogue didn't work StevenB, but here's an (I think) superb work by Finzi, an excerpt from I guess his best known work, the beautiful Dies Natalis, which is clearly very influenced by Vaughan Williams...

CREAM'd

Reaction score
Hey LG.
I have been listening to a bit of classical guitar on YouTube. Could You recommend an album.
This is right up my street, very relaxing.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^My classical guitar collection is woefully inadequate CREAM'd...but I can recommend just about anything by Andres Segovia, he is a legend.

Liona Boyd is another who comes to mind, she's very talented and more contemporary.

I'll dig through my collection and get back to you with a specific album rec.:hab:

CREAM'd

Reaction score
^^My classical guitar collection is woefully inadequate CREAM'd...but I can recommend just about anything by Andres Segovia, he is a legend.

Liona Boyd is another who comes to mind, she's very talented and more contemporary.

I'll dig through my collection and get back to you with a specific album rec.:hab:

Thank you.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElviraPeth

Members online