Leo Kottke fans?

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score
Any Leo kottke fans out there? I just discovered him last year. Amazing six and twelve string guitar player. I am totally hooked:)

So far I have on vinyl:
Leo Kottke
Chewing Pine
My Feet Are Smiling
Greenhouse
Ice Water
6 and 12 string
Mudlark
Dreams And All That Stuff(CD)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I only have one of his CD's, I lost my vinyl years ago and haven't caught up yet Architect...:(

He is an amazing guitarist, but he was never really widely known for some reason.

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score
There's not too much Leo on you tube, but here's some good ones.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Good stuff all around Architect...I'll have to check Grooveshark and see if they have some of his music, no videos but the sound is usually good quality.

Craig in Indy

Your cool Uncle
Reaction score
Kottke was just coming into prominence when I was in college - he had almost a cult-like following. I've seen him perform live a few times and he's absolutely worth seeing - and not just for the guitar wizardry - he's a drop-dead funny story teller.

The last time I saw him was when he toured with Michael Hedges. It was funny after the concert, as my wife and I were walking out of the theater we overhead about an equal number of people saying "Kottke was great, but who was that other guy?" and "Hedges was great, but who was that other guy?" There seemed to be a generational disconnect there. ;)

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
Any Leo kottke fans out there? I just discovered him last year. Amazing six and twelve string guitar player. I am totally hooked:)

So far I have on vinyl:
Leo Kottke
Chewing Pine
My Feet Are Smiling
Greenhouse
Ice Water
6 and 12 string
Mudlark
Dreams And All That Stuff(CD)

firstly a huge thank you @architect, because of your albums collection the album 6 And 12 string I`ve fallen under this musicians music at this time on albums this isn't going to be to long in becoming right...:bow::grinthumb

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
Sox and Sweaty you should search this musician out if you haven't your missing out loads

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
Sox and Sweaty you should search this musician out if you haven't your missing out loads

@Sweaty @Sox have yous had chance to listen to Leo yet! If not please listen to 6 and 12 strings album it's awesome you'll love it it's well worth a spin please keep me informed if you're going to listen and what yous think thanks guys

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
I'm in a spiritual mode where I am listening to Leo his musicianship is exquisitely masterful as well as some of the other great guitarists like Bert Jansch...

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
Can't understand why there's isn't many more people whom are interested in this musician as this theard as only had 14 posts strange

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online

No members online now.