Lenny Kravitz (Official Thread)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
LENNY KRAVITZ
lenny-kravitz-dreadlocks1.jpg

I think Lenny Kravitz is a talented as hell versatile artist that deserves his own thread here. He blends rock, funk, soul and R & B so seamlessly and is a great guitar player as well. He even has a folky side to him as well. He's pretty much been a modern day hippy from the start which goes along with the fact that his songs always ave a retro vibe to them. Honestly I liked him better before he crossed over (he needs the dreads again :D) with "Fly Away" but he still creates quality music. My favorite tracks by him are:

Are You Gonna Go My Way
(my first Lenny song)

Can't get You Off of My Mind

(My favorite track by him)

Stand By My Woman
(Soulful track, makes me think of Prince)

Believe
(Nice spacy orchestrated ballad)

What are your thoughts and favorites from Lenny? :grinthumb

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Re: "The Official" Lenny Kravitz Thread

I love Lenny Kravitz. I have a couple CD's.

LennyKravitz.jpg

Lenny_Kravitz_Lenny.jpg

Lenny_Kravitz_-_Greatest_Hits_album_cover.jpg

^^^I like Lenny's cover of this song. The funk and groove is awesome!

At one time I thought Lenny was one of the sexiest men walking. Some of his videos were pretty hot. :blush2:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Honestly I liked him better before he crossed over (he needs the dreads again :D) with "Fly Away" but he still creates quality music. My favorite tracks by him are:

Yes, I liked Lenny better with the dreds too. When he lost those he lost a ton of his cool. I do like "Fly Away" though.

And don't worry Magic I think Lenny is a really attractive with his dreds too. :D

Here's the song that got me into Mr. Kravitz (I was a tad late to the party that everyone else was at):

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Lenny is a pretty decent songwriter, too. He wrote this song with Lisa Bonet (his wife at the time), a very moving acoustic song.

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score

Nowadays, I'm almost embarrassed to say I liked Lenny Kravitz at one time, because all the bad music he made.

IMO, Lenny Kravitz made two good albums in the 90's, ''Are You Gonna Go My Way'' and ''Circus''. Lenny was good when he rocked - then he turned to crap.

Although, he did record a couple of good songs here and there since the 90's, he just went too pop for me.

But, Lenny was right back in the 90's...

Rock & Roll Is Dead

Last edited:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

You shouldn't be embarrassed, Groovy. If you like it, you like it.

I have to agree, though, that later Kravitz albums are extremely hit and miss for me.

I dont have his debut, Let Love Rule, but have listened to it many times, and some of his best songwriting is on that album.

My all time fav album, though, is "5". There is a fabulous mash-up of music styles on that album and some of the lyrics are really deep. That is one thing Lenny does is take a serious subject and put it to some heavy beats with a lot of funk. :grinthumb

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score

Lenny is also a multi instrumentlist. He plays all the instruments on his albums. He also went to high school with another great guitarist in Slash.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I dont think he plays the harmonica or any of the string instruments (besides the guitar), but the man is musically talented !

I knew he had Slash on one of his first albums, but didnt know they were high school mates.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Yep, Lenny went to school with Slash as well as Flea and someone else I can't think of right now.

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score

I dont think he plays the harmonica or any of the string instruments (besides the guitar), but the man is musically talented !

I knew he had Slash on one of his first albums, but didnt know they were high school mates.

This video shows what I am referring too.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online