Lemmy hates rap and pop music

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
I hear it more on the kid shows I guess, as I'm passing through the living room or what not.

But in reality, I only watch TV or listen to music , mainly, on disc.

In fact...I only have HD cable hook up, upstairs...downstairs is the nicer set up of the two, and only used for movies and music.

I hear ya. Yea I have a decent set up in my room as well as downstairs, but I rarely watch tv except for a few shows I got into. I usually just use netflix or watch dvds I have.

Once I got out of my house and had the freedom to change any dial I wanted and make choices that weren'r democratic with the families I never looked back. I don't listen to radio at all and I don't bother with cable to even see music channels which don't exist anyway. In a life of freedom "almost" everything that hits my ears is by choice! :)

Luckily my family listened to some of the same music that I did so I never had that issue except for a few times. That is when I decided to get an ipod and drown out their shit if I didn't like it.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Some good civil commentary all round.

I disagree with Sooty about this topic but am not going over old ground again.

However, I fail to see any change as a result of this new music when it comes to "cultural" boundaries as mentioned a few posts back. All I see is a whole generation of young kids, mostly well off who "pretend" to be bad asses which is part of the allure of the rap/hip-hop phenomenon. The Rappers being smart businessman have taken advantage of that to make a fortune, I refuse to be part of that whole fake scene and am comfortable with my wide range of musical taste.(And there are a Plethora of talented Blues, Soul, R&B and Jazz musicians who agree with me.)

It remains the worst music ever made on a mass scale to me. 200 years from now they will still be playing Beethoven, The Beatles and a host of other talented musicians work, I don't think any Rap will survive the test of time.

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
Some good civil commentary all round.

I disagree with Sooty about this topic but am not going over old ground again.

However, I fail to see any change as a result of this new music when it comes to "cultural" boundaries as mentioned a few posts back. All I see is a whole generation of young kids, mostly well off who "pretend" to be bad asses which is part of the allure of the rap/hip-hop phenomenon. The Rappers being smart businessman have taken advantage of that to make a fortune, I refuse to be part of that whole fake scene and am comfortable with my wide range of musical taste.(And there are a Plethora of talented Blues, Soul, R&B and Jazz musicians who agree with me.)

It remains the worst music ever made on a mass scale to me. 200 years from now they will still be playing Beethoven, The Beatles and a host of other talented musicians work, I don't think any Rap will survive the test of time.

You have posers in all the scenes LG. I would have to disagree with it being the worst genre ever made. I would save that for dubstep.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I really don't like the term poser (it is a huge pet hate of mine when it comes to music). Exception being in here being a discussion about it, I just mean people in the real world who throw that term out there to put down people with diverse music tastes to them, like people should only be confined to a certain scene. I only define a true poser as someone who really just does something because its a trend or they only care about making some kind of fashion statement like wearing a bands shirt or something of someone they don't even listen to. Yeah there are people who do that. lol

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
I really don't like the term poser. Exception being in here being a discussion about it, I just mean people in the real world who throw that term out there to put down people with diverse music tastes to them, like people should only be confined to a certain scene.

I use the term poser as it is meant to be used when describing someone who is fake. I would never trash someone for having diverse musical tastes.

I use it for some white kid from a rich suburban area who acts as if he grew up on the streets of compton, detroit, the bronx, philly, etc. Or for people who just listen to certain music because they are trendy assholes and would like to fit in.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I use the term poser as it is meant to be used when describing someone who is fake. I would never trash someone for having diverse musical tastes.

I use it for some white kid from a rich suburban area who acts as if he grew up on the streets of compton, detroit, the bronx, philly, etc. Or for people who just listen to certain music because they are trendy assholes and would like to fit in.

As I said when it came to what was discussed here its all good, wasn't directed at your post. I agree with all you said here too. :grinthumb

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
550142_10150802110439556_514044555_9385221_1028441635_n.jpg

There is nothing remarkable about Iron Maiden going on a 6 month World Tour, playing every date and tearing the shit out of arenas and stadiums.

Rappers sell papers, have gang wars and are troubled individuals so therefore are more interesting to the media. They're also more likely to get into trouble than 50 year old rockers who have been there and done it all before.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
You have posers in all the scenes LG. I would have to disagree with it being the worst genre ever made. I would save that for dubstep.

I don't see them on the mass scale of the "rappers" though Mud. It just comes across as too funny to me when I see them trying to be all bad ass. Granted it is not nearly as prevalent here as in many other countries.

Dubstep...:think:...can't say I've ever listened to it myself.

Powerage makes a good point as well, only in the Rap scene do you have gunfights at awards ceremonies and killing off your rivals, all about keeping your "street cred" and what utter bollocks that is.:wtf:

To be fair I never liked the "Beatnik" poetic crap in the 50's and 60's either just not my thing.

As far as my friends in the forum go, just because we part ways on this one style of music doesn't diminish my affection and respect for them in any way.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online