Lemmy hates rap and pop music

Status
Not open for further replies.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
S&L, you have missed the point entirely.

By definition this thread is about Lemmy Kilmister and his lack of regard for Rap, and Pop music.

That sets the agenda for the discussion that should follow, so if someone wants to poke Lemmy then he is fair game, same goes for the main theme of the thread.

If you drag up bands you don't like or insult bands that other members do like just because you are angry about Lemmy getting a few bruises that is by definition "off topic".

At that point it is within any mods purview to take what ever action they see fit to put the thread back on topic...which is supposed to be Lemmy vs Rap and Pop music.

Also when a thread goes into repeat mode, that is usually the sign it is out of gas...like this one has that is why I didn't bother posting in it after having said my piece.

Endless debates running in circles is not something I waste my time on.

snakes&ladders

Reaction score
S&L, you have missed the point entirely.

By definition this thread is about Lemmy Kilmister and his lack of regard for Rap, and Pop music.

That sets the agenda for the discussion that should follow, so if someone wants to poke Lemmy then he is fair game, same goes for the main theme of the thread.

If you drag up bands you don't like or insult bands that other members do like just because you are angry about Lemmy getting a few bruises that is by definition "off topic".

At that point it is within any mods purview to take what ever action they see fit to put the thread back on topic...which is supposed to be Lemmy vs Rap and Pop music.

Also when a thread goes into repeat mode, that is usually the sign it is out of gas...like this one has that is why I didn't bother posting in it after having said my piece.

Endless debates running in circles is not something I waste my time on.

When some people stop being biased on certain artists out there (e.g. Lemmy), then you'll see that the tpic will NOT run around in circles and will remain on topic. This is what debating is all about....being COHERENT with what one says and follow it up with good back up factors and comparing bands and artists in an UNbiased way (something that some posters here DO NOT do)!!:)

snakes&ladders

Reaction score
Back to topic? Right, Lemmy has all the RIGHT and AUTHORITY (being the HUGE musician hs is!!) to slam whatever he wants...even against all the odds!!!:):)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have a right to slam whatever artist I want, but instead I choose to exercise my right of silence and subtlety.

I am not a motorhead fan, but I do have respect for any musician who has the longevity of Lemmy. Lemmy is a cool dude, but do I listen to his music.....not if I can help it. Do I listen to pop and rap, not if I can help it, therefore, his music is in the same class acording to my preferences. (meaning I dont listen to it).

Bias is always going to exist as long as people have choice. That's just the way things are. It would be a sad day if we didn't have the right to choose what music we like.

If Lemmy chooses to hate pop and rap, more power to him, IMO. But if he chooses to publicly talk down about other genres of music, he should be prepared to take some slams himself.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
A little off topic but if I recall Metallica did plenty of genre slamming themselves, they slammed glam rock of all sorts back when they started. Noone really complained about that lol. I dont really care as thrash was always gonna be something different.

snakes&ladders

Reaction score
But if he chooses to publicly talk down about other genres of music, he should be prepared to take some slams himself.

That's EXACTLY what some posters here DO NOT handle...taking the slamming themselves:):):)

travis92x

Reaction score
good lord, i have never seen so many close-minded posts in my life....

i love rock as much as i do rap, theres nothing wrong with it, if you dont listen to the modern, mainstream garbage thats being spewed out by the masses.

pop is more an umbrella term than an actual genre of music, r&b, rock, and hip hop and the 3(big) main forms of music since the 80's(rock and R&b being around far longer). so anything that was popular, aka anything that cracks the BBT100 or top 40, would be considered 'pop' actually

rock has its legends and classics....

Hall and Oates - Private Eyes - YouTube

The Police - Every Breath You Take - YouTube

Billy Joel - It's Still Rock And Roll To Me - YouTube

just like rap(or rather hip hop) has its classics

Pete Rock & C. L. Smooth "They Reminisce Over You" - YouTube

Common - I Used To Love H.E.R - YouTube

Gang Starr - Moment Of Truth - YouTube

lemmy, nor anyone else, shouldnt dismiss what they havent heard, the best of anyway. its easy to take a glance at the current state of a music genre and say it sucks as a whole, but of course the said individual would be wrong, because they havent ventured into the genre as a whole, both past AND present. and just like with rock, the quality of older hip hop outweighs the quality of present hip hop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online